Sound Advice Consulting Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager, Senior
at Sound Advice Consulting Services
Job Reference #: a1r0W000005bybPQAQ
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - Project / Program
Job DescriptionHow would you like the chance to demonstrate your problem-solving skills on challenging projects around the globe? Stanley Consultants is seeking a Senior Project Manager to work in our Denver, CO office. This includes managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost/budget, quality, communications, resources, procurement, and risk elements to optimize client service, quality and financial performance on large, complex and challenging projects. Capable of managing an annual gross revenue volume greater than $4,000,000.
- Leads the planning and implementation of medium-large power delivery engineering projects ranging in complexity and utilizing resources from multiple office locations.
- Supports business development by participating in project scoping, fee development, proposal preparation, interviews, negotiations, and contract development.
- Reviews assigned project(s) after award to define project scope, determine work procedures/sequences and develops schedules, budgets, staffing, vendor lists and progress billing points.
- Forms a project team and sees that responsibilities are assigned and the execution of tasks are begun and completed according to schedule.
- Submits documents to federal, state and local authorities for code compliance review and obtains permits required.
- Meets with client management as necessary during the term of a project to resolve issues and to obtain approvals at the project’s completion.
- Maintains a continuing business relationship with clients as part of ongoing business development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, communicates and coordinates project engagements.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of project engagements including Clients and Project Teams.
- Prepares project opening orders, project outlines, project initiation, project schedules, project executions and project closings.
- Achieve project objectives including quality/scopes, budgets, and schedules.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive Project Records.
- Achieve project performance metrics established for the engagement (i.e. target margins, revenue, multiplier, etc.).
- Analyzes project performance, resource utilization, profitability, margins, and revenues.
- Identifies potential out of scope work. Manages, and negotiates contract change orders.
- Identifies and manages project risk from the proposal phase through the duration of the project.
- Trains, mentors, and oversees other Project Managers and conducts/participates in portfolio and project reviews.
- Bachelors of Science in engineering from an accredited college or university.
- MBA (preferred but not required).
- PE (preferred but not required).
- Minimum of 15-20 years of increasing experience in the Power Delivery Industry with a minimum of 5 years in project management.
- Firm understanding of financial management.
- Demonstrated capabilities and success in managing large multi-discipline programs, projects, multi-office projects, and/or multiple projects.
- Thorough understanding of various types of power delivery projects (transmission, substation and distribution).
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in multiple project delivery methods (i.e. DBB, DB, EPC, and CM@Risk).
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Job Knowledge
- Quality of Work
- Budget and Cost Control and Performance
- Risk Management
- Judgment and Initiative
- Interpersonal Skills and Teamwork
- Adherence to Company Policies and Teamwork
- Client Satisfaction