Sound Advice Consulting Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Data Intern
at Sound Advice Consulting Services
About our Firm:
Born in New York City, Sound Advice Consulting Services (www.soundadvice.jobs) is super excited to announce that we have opened a new office in the heart of Cherry Creek North in Denver, CO. Sound Advice is a boutique consulting firm whose principal objective is to provide clients with business/technical/marketing consulting services as well as cost-effective contract consulting, direct hire/permanent placement, and outsourced bookkeeping.
We provide these services to clients in over 12 states and half a dozen countries that will enable them to successfully achieve their business goals and objectives. By helping build companies through people, teams, culture, support and feedback, we sit squarely in the middle. We’re proactive. We pay attention to detail. We know how to connect the dots. And since 2006, that’s exactly what we’ve been doing.About this Internship:
Sound Advice Consulting Services is seeking a motivated intern who can help support the Data Analytics and IT Department. The right candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as an enthusiasm to learn and work effectively with the rest of the team. This is the perfect opportunity for a self-starter who is looking to gain experience in big data, data analysis, and data scrubbing. If you are able to receive college credit for the internship, we are prepared to sponsor. This internship has the potential to convert into a full-time role upon graduation.
- This position will involve researching, communicating with management, maintaining and updating critical information in our CRM system
- Interact with other cross-functional departments such as HR, compliance, and payroll
- Assists faculty and staff with queries, statistical analyses, reports and technical difficulties related to data retrieval
- Coordinated and reported weekly status reports and key metrics to management
- Update and maintain CRM system (Salesforce)
- Designs and writes custom applications needed to ensure the database meets requirements for the entry, management and reporting of data
- Develop, maintain or implement procedures for data entry, data cleaning, documentation and other administrative tasks
- Document, implement, maintain or recommend operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection, database editing procedures
- Implements the best practices in data management to ensure the integrity of the data, the quality of data processes and deliver analyzable or analyzed data to a variety of internal and external clients
- Maintains data integrity and supports data analysis as necessary
- Make recommendations and assist in data capture, data extraction and analysis
- May define parameters for file or space utilization
- May write and prepare manuscripts and other materials for internal and external audiences.
- Use modeling techniques and tools in analyzing and specifying data structure
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work collaboratively within a team
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products and particularly Excel
- Proficiency in Google Products including Google Search, Google Drive, Gmail, Google Analytics
- Experience in Salesforce.com, or Outreach.io a plus
- Undergraduate candidate pursuing a BA/BS degree (Business, Information Technology, Finance, Economics, or Computer Science is preferred)
- Requires high school diploma and current class standing of sophomore or above
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Unrestricted Authorization to work in the US
- Work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Work with people in a wide variety of settings and situations
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Are able to pay attention to the details and not make mistakes
- Must have strong computer proficiency
Able to take direction and to work as part of a team
An excellent communicator
Excellent people skills
You take initiative, ability to respond, and to work quickly/under pressure
Able to be trusted with sorting out complicated tasks
Always punctual – once you commit to something you see if through to the end and make sure whatever project you’re working turns out perfect!
If you are self-disciplined, self-motivated, proactive, & strive to be the best at what you do – then this internship is for you. If you need someone else to motivate and micro manage you – this job is not for you.
What you will get out of it?
You will learn a lot. Hands down - You will learn how business works not just what they say in the classroom
You will learn real business and critical thinking skills that will help you get a job post college
You will learn how to use some of the industry’s leading technology and processes
You will be mentored
When you successful finish this program you will be ready to get a real job
If you are able to receive college credit for the internship, we are prepared to sponsor
2018 Internship begins immediately and we are looking for 20-40 hour commitment • In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
This is an unpaid internship