Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Overnight Security Guard
at Sapp Bros.
Sapp Bros., Inc., a growing chain of travel centers, is looking for loss prevention professionals to join our retail operations team in the role of a Overnight Security Guard. At Sapp Bros., Inc., our mission is to treat every customer as "our guest" by providing a clean environment, quality products, and a commitment to excellent service. Our dedicated team ensures that we achieve this mission every day.
As a Security Guard, you will use your natural abilities to defuse potentially stressful situations to protect our people, the company's assets, and provide a safe place for our customers to do business in a dynamic retail environment. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in security and retail operations asset management with a growing company, and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you!
As a Security Guard, you will perform loss prevention as part of the retail operations team. You will be responsible for guarding, patrolling, and monitoring premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
Additional responsibilities of the Security/Loss Prevention role include:
* Assisting professional drivers with finding parking spots, drivers with directions, or hitch-hikers with contacting the travelers aid society rather than looking for a ride on our property
* Overseeing shift change and tracking all drawers from cash register to safe
* Reporting possible safety concerns; viewing security video to assist management with timeline of previous events
* Assisting Police with any apprehended shoplifter
* Reminding cashiers that, while we want to have fun at work, we don't permit horseplay
* Ensuring parking in both truck and automobile lots is within guidelines
* Preventing peddlers from bothering our driving clientele
* Overseeing ATM canister replenishment
* Assisting with resolving or defusing disputes between customers
*Hours for this position may vary
Successful candidates for the role of the Security Guard should have strong analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Someone who is looking for a challenging opportunity and wants to work in a dynamic, innovative environment would be a good fit for this retail operations role.
Additional requirements of the Security/Loss Prevention include:
* At least 16 years of age at time of employment
* 2-3 Years of security experience
* Excellent customer service skills
* Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
As a Sapp Bros. employee you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
* Health & Dental Insurance
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance Program
*Gym Membership Reimbursement
* Payroll direct deposit
* Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
* Store and Restaurant Discounts
* Career Advancement-We promote from within!