Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Restaurant Manager
at Sapp Bros.
Sapp Bros., Inc., a growing chain of travel centers, is looking for experienced Assistant Managers to join our restaurant operations / management team. At Sapp Bros we are proud to be a 100% drug free workplace! Our mission is to treat every customer as "our guest" by providing a clean environment, quality products, and a commitment to excellent service. Our management team ensures that we achieve this mission every day.
As an Assistant Manager, you will use your experience in leading a team of Shift Managers, Supervisors, and team members to ensure that we exceed our customers' expectations. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your restaurant operations / management career with a growing company, and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you!
As an Assistant Manager, you will work in the next-highest position in the restaurant. You will be responsible for the results of the business, which includes the financials, the moral of the employees and guests, and how well the parts of the operation work together.
Additional responsibilities of the Assistant Manager include:
* Greeting and taking care of guests and ensuring that team members are professional and courteous to everyone, even during peak rush periods
* Resolving each individual situation differently and accordingly by acknowledging the issue, apologizing for it, and acting promptly to resolve it to the guest's complete satisfaction
* Assisting employees with their service in keeping the dining room clean, seeing to guests' needs, and cashing out guests when possible
* Treating all employees professionally and with respect
* Monitoring the kitchen for cleanliness, ticket times, and health and safety practices
* Assisting cooks when needed
* Showing employees and guests that you care and encouraging employees to build rapport with both guests and employees alike
* Asking for feedback and giving feedback to employees
* Turning in required paperwork on time whether it is weekly numbers, monthly numbers, hiring paperwork, or government paperwork
* Ensuring that you are being fair with your employees and using you employee handbook as a resource to back you up with when making difficult decisions
* Following all procedures and guidelines set forth by Sapp Bros., Inc.
* Following all cash procedures for accurate and secure procedures
Successful candidates will be expected to understand that they will be role models for Direct Reports and Retail General Associates; therefore, they will need to work within the guidelines that are expected from our staff.
Additional requirements of the Assistant Manager include:
* Experience in a leadership role in a management position
*Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and nonverbally
* Restaurant operations experience, preferred
* Physical presence at assigned work site required
As a Sapp Bros. employee, you will be part of an established company with a long tradition of commitment to quality, ethics, and superior customer service. If you are in search of an opportunity to use your leadership, creativity, communication, and people skills in a fun and rewarding environment, then we have a place for you on our team. We offer opportunities for advancement and competitive compensation that includes a great benefits package.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
*Health & Dental Insurance
*Education Assistance Program
*Gym Membership Reimbursement
*Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
*Store & Restaurant Discounts
*Career Advancement -- We promote from within!