Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SAM, inc.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM's partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the review and direction of Senior Utility Coordinator or Project Manager, performs field investigations to identify existing utilities and determine scope of potential conflicts
- Assist with the development of conceptual utility alignment plans, utility construction estimates, and activity schedules
- Analyze roadway design plans and utility construction proposals to evaluate resolution of conflicts with existing and proposed utilities
- Apply value engineering principles to proposed utility designs to explore and evaluate cost and time saving design alternatives for utility adjustments
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating project meetings with utility owners, the client, the project team, and regulatory agencies
- Review Contract documents, engineering plans, and technical specifications to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and conformance with project requirements
- Perform Utility Inspection for aerial and underground utility installations, and determine whether construction work is being performed in substantial compliance with contract plans and specifications
- Document utility construction progress, submitting daily inspection reports and updating schedules
- Collect field measurements and update plans for production of as-builts
- Verify accuracy of payment requests and invoicing for completed work
- Perform records research for existing utility lines
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings with utility owners, the client, the project team, and regulatory agencies as needed
- Using CAD create utility layouts for UC and SUE deliverables as directed by the Project Manager
Required Experience - Education and Skills
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from ABET Accredited University or related field required
- Good communication (oral and written) and organizational skills are essential
- Proficiency with MS Office software is required and experience with MicroStation and Geopak, or AutoCAD programs is preferred. Experience with survey equipment a plus
- E.I. or E.I.T. preferred or ability to obtain in 6 months, but professional registration is not required
- Other requirements typically include: ability to climb ladders, stoop, and squat; ability to observe construction activities and distinguish colors; and ability to perceive back-up alarms and other warnings. Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures and weather conditions
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . SAM is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate's resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate. SAM)participates in the federal E-Verify Program.