Rockwell Automation, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Control Panel Design Engineer
at Rockwell Automation, inc.
Senior Control Panel Design Engineer
Control Products and Solutions
No. of Positions
Software and Engineering
Position Summary :
Responsible for performing systems engineering for industrial automation projects based on drives, motor control centers, programmable controllers, operator/field devices, communication networks, etc. Responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of drives and automation systems working in a project team environment. Designs, defines and implements complex controls systems and packaged drive systems requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. This includes systems design, systems engineering, hardware engineering, configuration, programming and factory testing.
Be an individual contributing part of a project team.
- Analyzes the customer's requirements to determine the optimal controls system strategy solutions and determines applicable industrial controls configurations and architectures.
- Interfaces with the operations manager, manufacturing and the project manager to support an engineering design, part delivery, and presents status and options as required to maintain budget and delivery schedule.
- Supports manufacturing to assess progress, provide technical assistance, final inspection and sign off.
- May provide on-site process controls system start-up as required.
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented.
- Leads complex assignments requiring new processes, techniques.
- Assists with planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring resources for larger or complex projects including setting and managing time-lines and budgets.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program and work process support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions and higher value added ideas to templates, standards, and work processes.
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities.
- Identifies scope deviations early and often and communicates early and often the impact to hardware cost, schedule, resource needs or skill sets to the project manager and department manager.
- Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Enhances RA overall value & position with strategic global customers.
- May assist sales or project management with providing scope definitions, hardware and labor estimates and validations for proposals.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in control system applications which relates to variable speed drives, drives systems, and industrial automation systems.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in electrical design, including schematics and panel layout; applying and programming drives, PLC's and HMI's.
- Ability to design drives systems utilizing AutoCAD electrical.
- Available and willing to work overtime on occasion to meet customer project commitments.
- Occasional travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
- Experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through installation and subsequent client support
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley Powerflex drives, and PLC’s. Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to industrial control systems including the NEC, NFPA79, UL508A, and UL698.
- Product and/ or Program development and project management experience.
- Drives Systems/ Industry Expertise in (Power, Paper, Metals, Infrastructure, etc.)
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley® and Rockwell Software® product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Golden - Colorado