Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Back-End Engineer
at Re/Max International
First is fundamentally changing the real estate industry. We believe that operational excellence will be key to our success and will be driven by constant improvement as well as bold game changing innovations.
As one of our back-end engineers, you’ll help guide key design, architecture, and technology decisions. You will be a part of our platform team, helping us to build a platform to support our customer-facing and internal applications. You will help us to scale the system to meet the needs of our expanding userbase. This includes helping drive the product roadmap, bringing “design thinking” on product features, coordinating development efforts across the team, and working with the front-end team to ensure that our efforts are aligned.
What you bring to the table
- 5 years of developing Rails applications in production
- SQL and relational database experience (not just using a database through an ORM)
- Experience in building APIs (REST at least, GraphQL a plus)
- Passion for startups and building products that will be used to change the face of real estate
- Familiarity with software architecture principles
- A generalist mindset, excited to jump into many parts of the stack to ship working software
- Ability to develop features in Rails without hand-holding, diving down into the database level as needed
- Clear, effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Mastery of agile practices, including TDD/BDD, iterative design, continuous delivery, and more
- Comfort with asynchronous development: pull requests, chat, email, etc.
Extra bonus points for
- Sidekiq (or another background job system integrated with Rails)
- GraphQL experience
- DevOps skills (AWS and Terraform a plus)
- Front-end experience (especially React)
- Mobile development experience
- Experience with pair programming (remote or in-person)
- Open source contributions, side projects and gems (edited)
First began as a venture-backed technology company at the intersection of artificial intelligence and real estate. Now a part of RE/MAX, we are building the operating system for real estate agents and intend to fundamentally change how real estate agents manage their most important asset - their network.
Our core product helps agents win listings from their network through more timely, targeted, and personalized outreach. We have won industry awards, and plan to stay at the forefront of innovation in this dynamic industry.
Why we love it here
- We have an opportunity to work with a talented team on a mission to fundamentally change an industry
- We have solid technology using tools that are a pleasure to work with
- First has a great culture focused on creating an environment where everyone on the team thrives
Now is your chance to become part of a world-class, industry leading organization that touts the #1 real estate brand in the world! RE/MAX is a business that builds businesses. We, alongside booj, our award-winning technology company, specialize in providing the tools, training and tech to our real estate network, which includes RE/MAX and Motto Mortgage franchises, agents, brokers and consumers. Join us and build a career where your contribution is heard, your innovative ideas are valued, and hard work and collaboration truly makes a difference.
RE/MAX LLC, Motto Mortgage and booj are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion, as well as non-discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to performing the essential task of the job or other legally protected categories. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity. #LI-MP1