Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Azure Data Architect
- US Citizens or those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time.
- Local candidates only
- No third parties or agencies
Quisitive is a premier Microsoft solutions provider that helps customers navigate the ever-changing technology climate that their business relies upon. With a legacy of innovation and deep technical expertise, Quisitive is empowering the enterprise to harness the Microsoft cloud and emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, machine learning and the Internet of Things (IoT) like never before through customized solutions and first-party cloud-based products.
Built off his 25-year relationship with Microsoft, Quisitive was founded in 2016 by Mike Reinhart. Quisitive is uniquely comprised of former Microsoft leaders and technologists who share a deep understanding of market needs and the appropriate application of Microsoft cloud technology. The firm is comprised of consultants that include data scientists, business analysts, technical architects, seasoned developers, and project managers who bring their collective knowledge, experiences and perspectives to the challenge at hand, with a singular focus on creating solutions that drive change. Quisitive serves clients across North America with offices in Dallas, TX, Denver, CO and Toronto, ON.
Quisitive is currently looking for an Azure Data Architect that can bring their expertise, experience and perspective to the Quisitive team to help us build solutions that empower holistic and tangible transformation at every level. The role is based in Denver, Colorado.
- Responsible for supporting the Modern data and analytics portfolio by working with customer and internal stakeholders (business clients, business analysts, developers, other architects), defining customer solutions, and delivering engagements that are innovative and exceed business requirements.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and enhance deliverables
- Continuously improve team processes to ensure information is of the highest quality, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team
- Stay abreast of architectural/ industry changes; especially in the areas of big data and the cloud
- Ability to blend quantitative and analytical skills, problem-solving and strategy consulting.
- This position will assist with the development of customer-focused solutions based upon market and customer needs. This includes the development of solution and project artifacts for current and new service offerings along with the quality of the delivery to customers.
- Meets with clients to determine needs and/or identify problem areas
- May be responsible for the development of Statement of Work and Proposals which outline professional services required to meet client requirements
Education, Experience and Other Skills
- General Database Administrator skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience with the Azure Data Platform – Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Management Gateway, Azure Storage Options, DocumentDB, Data Lake Analytics, Stream Analytics, EventHubs, Azure SQL.
- Experience in establishing hot path and cold path data pipelines with automated batch, micro-batch, and incremental data refreshes.
- Knowledge of tabular OLAP, including PowerPivot and SSAS Tabular mode.
- Understanding of how traditional processes apply to the modern world (be able to talk about where big data and NoSQL can replace traditional enterprise data stores, how Azure Data Factory can supplement/replace SSIS, etc).
- Experience with the setup and configuration of Power BI (Power Query, Data Management Gateway, SSAS Tabular Connector, Data Lake Analytics, etc…)
- Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional customer engagement, interpersonal, presentation and overall communication skills.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple work streams across multiple engagements, while maintain composure and professionalism to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Quickly learn and adapt to new business and technical concepts.
- Goal-oriented team player committed to quality and detail.
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change.
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and best practices, with an understanding of its strategic importance to organizations.
- Superior conceptual and analytical abilities, identifying opportunities for improvement through analysis and creative thinking.
- 5+ years’ experience with a Major BI Technology Sets
- 5+ years, recent experience developing solutions in a Microsoft SQL Server environment using SQL, T-SQL stored procedures, T-SQL functions; and/or an Oracle Environment using SQL Plus and PL/SQL Coding Languages as well as familiarity with complex SQL Server scaling concepts (AlwaysOn, Geo-Scaling, Sharding, Large Scale Database Management)
Additional Capabilities a Plus:
- Experience with traditional statistical platforms is a major plus. R, Revolution Analytics (Pre-Acquisition), SAS, JMP, Predixion, Halo BI
- Experience with modern reporting tools is a plus. Tableau, QlikTech, Panorama, Domo
- MongoDB, Hadoop, SAP, Oracle