Quality Bicycle Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Quality Bicycle Products
Quality Bicycle Products is in the business of bikes! From creating a portfolio of our own award-winning brands to distributing the top names and best products in the industry, we’re doing our part to further bike-kind. We understand that it is our employees that make us successful and we do our best to make QBP a fun and rewarding workplace. Our community is passionate about the pursuit of excellence, sparking innovation in the industry, living healthy lifestyles, and having fun. Our environment welcomes employees from all backgrounds and allows individuals to be themselves. QBP provides a lot of fun perks for our employees, including bike and outdoor product discounts, commuting incentives, fitness and wellness programs, an employee of the month program, and complimentary snacks and drinks to refuel on busy days. And, because we believe a great idea can come from anywhere, all employees have a voice in making company and process improvement suggestions.
What you will do:
Our Human Resources department strives to make every QBP employee’s job their favorite job ever. We support, empower, and encourage employees to take personal accountability, and we continuously work to provide employees with outstanding customer service in an environment of trust, respect, and compassion. The HR Generalist works closely with the other members of HR to support and provide employees with outstanding customer service. The HR Generalist must be knowledgeable and have the ability to function at a professional level in all aspects of HR, which includes people leadership, staffing, benefits, compensation, worker’s compensation, unemployment insurance, and employee conflict resolution.
This HR Generalist will be accountable for the HR function at our Aurora, CO distribution center site. This position is the one HR person on site and will work closely with their network of other HR team members across sites. The HR Generalist will be part of the leadership team at the Aurora, CO location.
- Be a role model to others in the service provided to HR’s customers. Be available, approachable, and responsive to all customer inquiries and requests. Interact with customers in an honest, direct, and friendly manner while maintaining and forwarding an environment of trust, respect, and compassion.
- Role model and coach employees at all levels on handling difficult situations and giving feedback in the moment while staying neutral and supportive. Support, empower, and encourage employees to take personal accountability.
- Work with HR and site leadership to create a welcoming environment and healthy culture.
- Educate and be a resource for questions regarding employee benefits. Work with HR team members and benefits vendors to assess benefit needs and costs, and work with all employees to ensure their understanding of the benefits and how to effectively use them.
- Ensure that QBP’s onboarding program is relevant, accessible, experienced in a timely way, and that it fully represents QBP’s values. Ensure that new employees have a welcoming onboarding experience and that the managers are engaged with their new hires.
- Be a primary representative of QBP during the recruiting and hiring process for prospective employees. Demonstrate through words and actions all the great things QBP has to offer employees while also developing and maintaining strong relationships with hiring managers.
- Perform the details of the recruiting and hiring process with finesse, the use of UltiPro, communicating and tracking with candidates at all phases of the process, conducting screening processes, making offers, new hire orientations, and more.
- Ensure that each exiting employee has a positive departure experience and that the details of the process for HR and Payroll are completed with accuracy including the exiting process, terminations in UltiPro, COBRA notifications, compiling last paycheck information, and setting up exit interviews.
- Contribute to a safe work environment by participating as a Safety Committee member and ensure compliance with OSHA reporting.
- Conduct HR related trainings such as training for new supervisors and Harassment and Discrimination Awareness Training.
- Lead employee related investigations.
- Complete unemployment insurance documentation and take part in appeal hearings as needed, and coordinate workers compensation claims and communicate with claims reps as needed.
- Complete various administrative work such as administering the Reward and Recognition program, data entry of pay, department and supervisor changes in the HRIS (UltiPro), update employee records, and set up and file documents in employee personnel files using an electronic filing system.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience required, PHR preferred
- Three or more years of relevant HR experience
- Possess a foundation of knowledge regarding HR related laws and able to apply them day-to-day (FLSA, ADA, FMLA, EOE, etc.)
- Successful experience working in the black-&-white (analytical), gray (multiple perspectives), and heartfelt areas of HR, and know when to transition
- Demonstrated ability to work at a high level in an environment that includes continuous multi-tasking, interruptions, and requests for time
- Ability to coach others in a way that is in alignment with QBP’s values and provide them with additional perspectives
- Strong desire to work as part of a high-performance team that has high expectations for themselves and each other, and which ultimately exists to support the rest of the organization
- Ability to function at a high level in all areas and to recognize which area a situation falls into at any given time and to communicate appropriately given the circumstances
- High level of self-awareness and inspires others to action resulting in exceptional outcomes
- Outstanding attention to detail to best serve HR’s customers
- Confidently participate as the HR representative in employee performance related conversations
- Strong ability to keep confidentiality and stay neutral in challenging situations
- High level of self-awareness and flexibility with people and work
- Ability to learn new software and technology quickly
- A very high level of integrity and the ability to keep information confidential. No exceptions.
- Ability to work well independently- be confident and autonomous while knowing when to ask questions
- Ability to travel occasionally on a requested basis, including possession of a valid driver’s license
Reporting Structure: The HR Generalist reports to the HR Manager. The department is headed by the VP of HR who ultimately reports to the President of QBP. The HR Generalist provides all HR needs to their team and works closely with other members of HR at our other locations.
All candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. Some applicants may be subject to a credit check and driving background check as well.