Quality Custom Distribution
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Quality Custom Distribution
- Job ID
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the day-to-day operations of the Warehouse department, including administrative and clerical functions, to ensure efficient operations and a safe working environment. Schedules and monitors associate activities and equipment use to meet and exceed company objectives.
- Plans, implements, and monitors the day-to-day operations for the warehouse department to ensure that established objectives for shipping, product rotation, sanitation, safety, and timeliness are met or exceeded. (25%)
- Monitors loading, dispatch, and receiving times and makes appropriate changes, ensuring compliance with QIP, HACCP, and DOT regulations. (25%)
- Routinely informs and communicates with associates to ensure compliance with established warehouse productivity, safety, and sanitation policies and procedures. (25%)
- Monitors and completes numerous computer-based and manual reports and related paperwork, including time records, daily logs, damage reports, etc. (10%)
- Monitors product damage and audits routes to ensure reliable product delivery. (5%)
- Plans and schedules manpower. (5%)
- Plans and coordinates vehicle and equipment maintenance and utilization reports. (5%)
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
Supervises of up to 100 hourly associates, depending on size of facility. Manages projects and assignments with significant impact on customer service.
- Productivity/quality standards: efficiency, timeliness, and reliability
- Productivity/quality standards: cases per hour
- Productivity/quality standards: product integrity
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Project/assignment standards
- Customer satisfaction
- External relationships with regulatory agencies
- Safety standards and procedures: associates
- Safety standards and procedures: facility and warehouse equipment
- Safety standards and procedures: food safety and handling
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
AA degree from an accredited vocational, technical, or junior college institution. Forklift instructor certification.
3 to 6 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Relevant safety policies, practices, and procedures (J)
- Storage and shipment of food or allied products. (B)
- Food and material handling (B)
- Inventory control concepts and techniques (B)
- Barcoding (B)
- Company computer systems (B)
- Warehouse racking systems/processes (B)
- Supervisory concepts and techniques (B)
- Relevant regulatory procedures and standards (OSHA, USDA, AIB, HAACP, etc.) (B)
Skill and ability to:
- Lead a diverse workforce in a 24 hour/7 day per week operation
- Work in a union environment
- Supervise and motivate associates in a team-based environment
- Interpret warehouse operations anomalies and identify appropriate solutions
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Act in accordance with GSF’s Values and Creed