Quality Custom Distribution
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Quality Custom Distribution
- Job ID
- Human Resources
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the day-to-day administration of human resources functions, record keeping, and special projects. Ensures compliance with GSF, federal and state labor policies and procedures.
- Provides information and counseling to employees, including new employee orientation, benefits counseling, drug/alcohol testing, sexual harassment policies, company policies, payroll, safety etc. Posts federal and state rules and regulations and ensures compliance (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, EEO, ADDA, Title VII, OSHA, DOT, USDA, etc.). In union facilities, assists in handling grievances and issue resolutions in non-union facilities. (55%)
- Directs the maintenance of human resources materials, including personnel files, new hire forms, I-9’s, W-4’s, manuals, and other documents to ensure that files are current, confidential, complete, and in compliance with company and government regulations and deadlines. (15%)
- Disseminates human resources policies, procedures, and programs to ensure that all employees are well informed and work in compliance with policies and regulations. (5%)
- Provides guidance to managers and supervisors regarding implementation of human resources policies and procedures to ensure appropriate and fair human resources practices. (5%)
- Recruits and selects hourly and salaried employees by preparing and placing classified job advertisements, screening applications, testing and interviewing applicants, background checks, employment verification, reference checks, handling temporary employment agencies, recommending applicants, and drafting offer letters. (20%)
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
An active participant on the facility’s or center’s management team. Handles higher level human resources issues when the Human Resources Manager is unavailable at the facility or center.
- Productivity/quality standards: accuracy, timeliness, and thoroughness
- Recruitment and selection of employees
- Teamwork within and across departments
- Professional attitude and demeanor
- Organization and attention to detail
- Project/assignment standards
- Employee development to meet QCD’s projected near- and mid-term objectives
- Recruitment and retention of workforce to meet QCD’s diversity objectives
- Safety standards and procedures: employees
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education and experience equivalent to:
- FLUENT SPANISH SPEAKER REQUIRED
- Education/Certification:Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or a related field from an accredited college or university. PHR and/or SPHR certification from SHRM or a college plus demonstrated years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 3+ years of work experience in general human resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of (B/basic; J/journey; E/expert):
- Relevant safety policies, practices and procedures (E)
- General Human Resources policies and procedures (J)
- Labor laws and regulations (J)
- Employee relations concepts and generally accepted practices (J)
- Supervisory concepts and techniques (J)
- PC word processing/spreadsheet software (J)
- Benefits policies and procedures, including insurance, health care, employee retirement, etc. (J)
- Human resources computer systems (J)
- Government policies and regulations related to Human Resources programs (B)
Skill and ability to:
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with employees verbally and in writing
- Interact effectively with employees at all organizational levels
- Identify problems or irregularities for early resolution
- Prepare a variety of comprehensive administrative and technical documents and reports
- Prepare and deliver presentations to employees
- Train employees in Human Resources policies and procedures
- Travel via airplane and drive an automobile
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Act in accordance with QCD’s Values and Creed