Post Acute Medical
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Occupational Therapy Assistant / Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (open to current LifeCare Occupational Therapy Assistant)
at Post Acute Medical
- PAM Specialty Hospital of Denver
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant (LOTA)
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant (LOTA) will be primarily responsible for:
- Direct patient care
- Planning and implementing specific treatment programs for individual patients according to the principles and practices of occupational therapy in the system
- Being flexible to meet the needs of the system within many different facilities
- Assisting the occupational therapist in evaluation and assessment of clients of varying diagnoses and ages within the scope of the code of ethics and the law
- Initiating and performing screening process and collects information for the OTR/LOT’s review, as delegated and as appropriate
- Collecting data or information for the evaluation as delegated by the OTR, as appropriate
- Executing appropriate treatment plans for patients, as recommended by the Occupational Therapist
- Demonstrating competency in performing a variety of treatment skills such as therapeutic exercise, modalities, ADL's, functional training, and procuring and instructing clients in equipment use per Occupational Therapist’s recommendations
Identifying and implementing appropriate client/family education in consultation with the Occupational Therapist
Developing and maintaining high quality occupational therapy services in the clinic to clients’ diagnoses and ages
Demonstrating competency in clinically supervising rehabilitation technicians in consultation with the Occupational Therapist
Demonstrating competency in clinically supervising occupational therapy assistant students in consultation with the Occupational Therapist
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) / Licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant (LOTA) must:
- Be a graduate of an approved two-year program for Occupational Therapy Assistants as approved by the A.O.T.A., and eligible for licensure by the Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners for the state in which the facility resides
- Have successfully completed an Occupational Therapy Assistant curriculum approved by the A.O.T.A.
- Have a current CPR certification and maintain same
- One year of rehabilitation experience with adult and pediatric is preferred
Post Acute Medical, LLC, (PAM) based in Enola, Pa., provides post-acute healthcare services through 30 long-term acute care hospitals and medical rehabilitation hospitals and 15 outpatient physical therapy locations in nine states. PAM is committed to providing high-quality patient care and outstanding customer service, coupled with loyalty and dedication of highly trained staff, to be the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves. Our mission is to serve people by providing compassionate, expert care and to support recovery through education and research. Learn more at www.postacutemedical.com.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.