Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Center / Tape Librarian
Perform basic duties per documented processes and procedures. These tasks include but are not limited to scanning, comparing, processing media for vault movement in and out, retention and posting of required evidence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to this position.
- Provide customer assistance using all types of communication and media.
- Provide input to Library procedures, produce and maintain all documentation necessary to comply with client requirements.
- Maintain and ensure tape inventory integrity by performing or assisting with Library tape inventory. Must be reconciled following a set schedule.
- Interact with and utilize all tape library software and media tracking products.
- Perform customer and library tape in's and out's using client prescribed procedures and documentation.
- Aid other tape librarian personnel and employees to ensure that the highest level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by multi-media; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk, stand and move about to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must have ability to ascend and descend stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to be on feet for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift fifty pounds or more.
- Must be able to move rolling carts as needed.
- Must be agile and able to change positions to accommodate scanning of PSM media.
- Must be able to use a pallet jack.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to effectively use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new skills and information; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; and interact with colleagues, Clients and Vendors. Specific incumbent must maintain composure in a fast paced, high quality environment where personal and team accountabilities are the defining factors.
General office environment
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Follow all safety and security rules.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Microsoft Office knowledge required.
- Must be able and willing to learn new tasks/skills as required.
- Must be able to communicate and understand verbal, written and electronic instructions in English.
Reg. Full-time Benefitted