Town of Erie
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sports Official II (Adult Soccer/Basketball/Softball)
at Town of Erie
The reasons people call Colorado home often include a passion for the outdoors, a diverse and dynamic community and the contemporary pace to life that appeals to all ages! As you'll soon discover, the Town of Erie offers the best of all of these and without a doubt is one of the top places to consider when making your next career move. With majestic mountain views and progressive civic vision, we provide a genuine small-town feel with modern amenities. Our residents enjoy a high quality of life. It is our employees who have been instrumental in creating what Erie is today and continue to shape what it will be in the future. The Town of Erie is an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality and excellent customer service. Each individual employee contribution is what makes that possible.
The Town of Erie, Erie Community Center is currently accepting applications for Sports Official II. Under the supervision of the Recreation Coordinator or Assistant Coordinator, this position is responsible for officiating adult sports leagues. This position may include working with youth and/or adult participants, coaches, parents, and spectators in an athletic setting.
- Summary of Duties
The below list is intended to be illustrative of the responsibilities of the position and not all encompassing. The Town may change these duties at any time.
- Officiate a variety of youth and adult sports including, but not limited to baseball, softball, soccer, flag football, volleyball, and basketball.
- May serve as a scorekeeper for games.
- Provides direct supervision as an official or scorekeeper for assigned games.
- Evaluates program effectiveness and recommends new rules or techniques.
- Maintains frequent communication with staff within the Community Center and Division and reports any issues or concerns with inventory, facility conditions, policies and incidents to supervisory staff as needed.
- Maintains work area, facilities, equipment, and reports. Set up, tear down of game-related equipment required.
- Enforces Department rules and policies with staff and guests.
- May train other officials or scorekeepers in program area related duties.
- May provide some instruction during games to participants, coaches, or spectators.
- Provides exceptional guest service to all guests. Responds to information requests, comments and complaints from the public.
- Ensures the safety of guests and program participants by enforcing all rules and policies with staff and guests.
- Remains composed and makes sound judgments in any emergency or non-emergency situation. Responds to emergency situations, administers first aid, CPR or other medical attention as needed, completes incident reports.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and trainings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
To be considered for this position you must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Must successfully pass all required employment screens that may include but not be limited to:
- Drug screen
- Criminal Background Check
- Ability to obtain CPR, AED and First Aid certifications within three months of hire.
- Pre-employment Drug Testing (Including Marijuana)
- Complete and pass a Background Check
- Supplemental Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good working knowledge of each sport's rules and officiating/scorekeeping procedures
- Basic knowledge of equipment use and maintenance, facilities, operations, supplies and techniques used in community recreation programs.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to interact with all age groups this may include instruction, communication of rules and regulations and enforcing policies.
- Ability to effectively present curriculum one-on-one and/or in group format.
- Uses discretion and training to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate time management skills by beginning and completing assigned shifts and/or utilizing program time effectively.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to a diverse guest population in a fast paced, chaotic environment.
- Ability to effectively present verbal and written information and respond to questions from guests, program participants, co-workers, supervisors, volunteers, and other Town employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, peers, and Town staff. Including the ability to follow directions and demonstrate professional behavior.
- Ability to remain composed in emergency situations, make sound judgment and work effectively with guests and other recreation staff under stressful circumstances. Ability to perform first aid, CPR and other medical attention as needed.
- Ability to safely operate all assigned tools, safety products, and kitchen equipment. Ability to set up and tear down equipment for scheduled activities and special events.
- Ability to complete and maintain well-organized daily records, logs and incident reports.