Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Java and DevOps Developer
at Oracle Corporation
Want to work on one of the fastest growing areas within the products at Oracle? Oracle Engagement Cloud! We are currently looking for developers to join the Oracle Engagement Cloud. As Oracle continues to aggressively move towards a full range of Cloud Solutions we want you to join our team and directly be responsible for supporting, developing, and delivering these solutions. Our department is Oracle Engagement Cloud (OEC) DevOps within the OEC Engineering organization.
One primary focus for our team is to produce the software tools that Oracle uses to monitor, patch, troubleshoot, data mine and metric reporting on behalf of our Oracle Cloud Customers. These focus areas play a pivotal role to ensure we can gain the most efficiencies and scale appropriately which ultimately benefit the customer.
We operate using agile principles and currently have teams located in Canada, U.S. and India.
- Development, support, and testing of monitoring tool for customer environments
- Development, support, and testing of an operational transparency tool providing analytics over usage, performance, and transactional data of customer environments
- Development of tool collecting and maintaining customer facing metrics
- Develop audits to assess the state of all customer environments with respect to a given issue or scenario
- Estimate tasks and meet milestones and deadlines appropriately
- Collaborate with other team members on assignments and solutions design
- Develop SaaS best practice policies
- Research and design projects
- Report progress on tasks and projects
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5 Years in Software Development specific to CloudOps/DevOps Automation, or Enterprise software
- Experience with design and development of web application development
- Experience with python or similar scripting languages
- Development skills with UNIX (bash, unix commands, etc) and shell scripting
- Understanding of networking and security concepts
- Experience of architecting solutions to support and host customer facing products with a focus on stability, scalability, security, testability and maintainability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Capable of working independently and efficiently
- Experience of explaining and persuading DevOps' culture, automation, lean, measurement, and sharing changes throughout internal teams
- Proven track record of design and development and implementation in with various facets of enterprise software including migration, scalability, flexibility/configuration, and performance
- Experience using SQL-PL/SQL
- Experience with DB schema design, optimized SQL generation, and tuning
- Experience with Network protocols
- Experience with tools such as Puppet/Chef/Ansible
- Experience with APEX helpful
- Oracle ADF/SOA/BPM knowledge - added advantage
**Note – Candidate must be willing/able to work from Oracle's Markham or Denver office.
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.