Jupiter Consolidated Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Jupiter Consolidated Group
Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Construction Manager is responsible for managing the appropriate resources required to meet client expectations to deliver a fully-functional system on budget and on time. Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in project kick off meetings with Sales, Design and Engineering to gain overall project vision and define project schedule.
- Attend project walk-through with appropriate employees, subcontractors, general contractors, and clients.
- Facilitate, manage and maintain relationships with other trades and subcontractors.
- Train and oversee subcontractors and employees on the proper methods of installing cable, terminations and other system components to prevent damage, minimize waste and adhere to building codes and Linx Wireless standards.
- The Construction Manager is a “tools on” role, with the expectation of planning / leading first, work second.
- Track and report project budget, providing daily insight to the Project Manager (labor hours, materials, and equipment costs).
- Work with Project Manager to ensure equipment and materials are ordered, received, and staged prior to the start of the project. Coordinate ordering through the Linx procurement team.
- Ensure that materials and equipment delivered to jobsite are received, inspected and stored in a way that they are protected from damage and staged for efficient installation.
- Working with the Project Manager, track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet client needs and requirements
- Understand project scope and work with the Project Manager to manage change order requests from the client.
- Attend relevant project meetings and communicate information to the project team.
- Maintain project documents / “As=Built” drawings throughout the project.
- Coordinate Installation Technicians, Subcontractors and Engineering resources with other Project Managers and Managing Partner.
- Provide Daily and/or Weekly updates to the Project Manager, or client regarding project status, scheduling, and open issues as required for the size of the project.
- Communicate project status and scheduling with employees and subcontractors.
- Overall jobsite cleanliness, organization, materials disposal and recycling.
- Overall project quality control and system performance.
- Provide training to Installation Technicians as necessary to complete the project.
- Daily and Weekly updates of Project Task and Punch List with Project Manager.
- Test systems as required (Sweep, PIM) and record test results. Troubleshoot and correct issues identified in testing.
- Participate in a post close-out project review and lessons learned.
The Construction Manager reports to the Project Manager assigned to manage various projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma, or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing technicians
- Experience managing subcontractors
- Demonstrated success (references required) delivering large venue projects such as stadiums, airports, hospitals, convention centers, casinos, etc.
- Experience / proficiency with test equipment (Sweep, PIM, OTDR, etc.)
- Must be proficient with computer software and systems (Microsoft Office, etc.)
Organizational and Time Management Skills
Self directed individual. Ability to develop timeline necessary for installation activities and product delivery. Ability to manage multiple projects and customers at various stages of the project life cycle. Assure that all time and resources are budgeted properly for maximum return on investment.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write project schedules, reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers and customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid California Driver's License
Ability to obtain manufacturer certifications as needed
Compensation to be determined based on related experience and qualifications.
Linx Wireless is an equal opportunity employer.