Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cybersecurity Engineers - All Levels - Boulder, CO
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Cybersecurity Engineer applies system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the security posture. Identify threats and develop appropriate protection measures, review system changes for security implications and recommend improvements, research and draft Cybersecurity white papers, and provide top tier support to the Cybersecurity operations staff for resolving complex Cybersecurity issues. Develop and maintain a system-level Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M).
The successful candidate will be able to evaluate different network and enclave configurations with respect to the D0DI 8510.01 and NIST 800-53 Security Controls and formulate effective Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes & accreditation packages. Write RMF-based policies and procedures, and develop sound Cybersecurity processes to include implementation. Successful candidate will be accountable for quality work products. Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, prepare coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation.
- Develop sound Cybersecurity processes to include implementation of RMF-based policies and procedures.
- Conduct assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
- Execute vulnerability assessments; ensure mitigation of risks and support obtaining certification and accreditation of systems.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones POA&M.
- Conduct technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Candidates must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and team skills with demonstrated skills in successfully leading teams.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other STEM discipline with at least 2 years of Cybersecurity experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Active DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAT Level II Technical Level Certification/s (Security ).
- Ability to support up to 25% travel within the United States to customer or other NGC facilities
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or other STEM discipline with 9 years of engineering work experience in Cybersecurity Engineering, plus a minimum of 3 years in development and/or sustainment for OPIR Ground Systems/Programs or relevant technical leadership experience.
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF); proposal development to include Basis Of Estimate (BOE) creation.
- Cost Account Management (CAM) experience in support of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) on Programs.
- Candidate holds an active DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAT Level III Technical Level Certification/s (CISSP).
- Previous or current System Administration (SA) or test experience with UNIX, AIX, Linux and or Windows systems is highly desired.
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.