Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Software & Digital Technology (SWDT) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as an AWS Architect based out of Aurora, CO.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems hosted on Amazon Web Services
- (AWS) or Traditional VMWare systems
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost, risk, supportability and
- effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware
- development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations.
- Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
- Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions, and appropriately leverages the benefits of the cloud.
- Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis of new and existing AWS services
- Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software
- Serves as a System Software Architect.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems/software engineers
- Serves as primary liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of advancements in AWS and relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other STEM related degree with 9 years software development experience; 7 years with a Masters; 4 years with PhD
- Must have and be able to maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- System architecture experience w/ Amazon Web Services
- Experience leading technical teams to solve complex challenges
- AWS certification in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer or Systems Ops.
- Hands-on seasoned solutions architect experience and architecting, designing and implementing cloud-based and/or cloud-native solutions in production workloads
- Ability to communicate in a DevOps environment with the team, managers, business units and stakeholders.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.