Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NMSC - Operations Accounting Clerk
at Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado
Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado (NMSC), an affiliate of Developmental Pathways and Continuum of Colorado, is seeking an Accounting Clerk to provide accounting, accounts payable, and administrative support to our Operations department. You’ll also get to create reports, enter invoices, process payments, and reconcile expenses and receipts for our Operations and Construction teams. Our Accounting Clerk will also work closely with our Finance team.
You’ll be supervised by our Director of Operations and primarily work out of our Inverness office just south of the Denver Tech Center in Englewood, CO. One day a week you'll be based out of Construction team's office (near Easter Ave/Revere Pkwy) in Centennial, CO. Our offices are 7 minutes from each other. We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our offices are closed on Fridays; you’ll get to work primarily Mondays - Thursdays (typically 10 hours/day for a 40-hour workweek). We do ask for flexibility based on the needs of the position.
More about what you’ll get to do as our Operations Accounting Clerk!
- Provide General Ledger expense and project coding on all Accounts Payable invoices related to work performed within the Operations and Construction teams, as well as all credit card and lines of credit, in direct coordination with the Finance team.
- Via the Great Plains (GP) project module, create and enter sales invoices for work performed by the Operations and Construction teams. Print and post these sales invoices to project module, in direct coordination with Finance Team.
- Adhere to consistent methods to track and close ongoing project, operational and maintenance expenses, invoices and reporting.
- Adhere to consistent methods to track and close invoices, credit card statements, subscriptions, and external accounts utilizing the existing organization accounting system and methodologies, in direct coordination with the Finance team.
- Enter and post miscellaneous log entries to the GP project module.
- Set up new projects in the GP project module, including but not limited to the creation and maintenance of the following within the project module: contracts, cost categories, fee ID’s, customers, employees, rates, budgets, and employee access lists.
- Maintain ongoing regulatory records of external contractors (I-9, Insurance, Permits, etc.).
- Maintain ongoing records of Fire, Safety, and HUD-related inspections conducted throughout the organization on an annual basis.
- Maintain archive of all contracts and agreements, proposals, drawings, and compliance-related data utilizing established electronic document retention practices.
- Develop, distribute and maintain templates, tracking forms, and report formats intended to standardize information-sharing practices within the Operations dept. and beyond.
- Assist with management of vendor relationships, agreements and contracts.
- Assist in the capture, maintenance, reporting, and archive of project hours and material costs for internal and external Operations and Construction projects.
- Track and record hours worked by staff within the Operations and Construction teams, enter timesheet data into Great Plains project module and post these entries for permanent entry.
- Maintain ongoing records of billable hours for internal and external Operations and Construction projects on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of project, duty (on-call), and personnel schedules.
Must have’s to be our Operations Accounting Clerk
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting and/or two (2) years administrative experience, preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word and OneNote.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of standard accounting systems and principles.
- Practical experience in the use of pivot tables, v-lookup, charts/graphs, and cell formulas in spreadsheets.
- Ability to learn and use internal and external database systems.
- High degree of accuracy with time sensitive, detailed information.
- Ability to multi-task; good organizational skills.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$17.40 - 20.43/hour
Here are some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's so great to work here!
- A great work-life balance with a 4-day workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program, eligible after 1 year of full-time employment
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training