Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NMSC - eLearning Specialist
at Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15656
NMSC - Inverness Office - Englewood, CO
FT - 36 hrs/week
4 Year Degree
Nonprofit Management Services of Colorado (NMSC), an affiliate of Developmental Pathways and Continuum of Colorado, is seeking an eLearning Specialist for our Learning & Organizational Development (LOD) department who will be responsible for the effective design, development and maintenance of eLearning modules that support the professional development and certifications needed for our staff and community partners to provide exceptional services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
You’ll get to partner with our management team to strategically plan for the eLearning function in our organizations, recognizing industry trends, and making forward-thinking recommendations to our management team before taking the lead on implementing approved changes into standard operating procedures.
You’ll also get to work with subject matter experts throughout our organizations to develop new online training modules and update existing modules. As our eLearning Specialist you’ll get to develop print and electronic materials to support e-courses using sound design principles; perform needs assessments to support the strategic development of new modules; contribute to the administration of our Learning Management System (LMS); serve as the lead contact for eLearning vendors and contractors; assist in the delivery of select instructor-led trainings, as needed.
You’ll be supervised by the Associate Director of LOD and based out of our Englewood office location just south of the Denver Tech Center in the Denver Metro area, CO. We’re committed to a great work-life balance here so our full-time work week is 36 hours/week! Our offices are open Mon - Thu and are closed on Fridays.
More about what you’ll get to do, create & innovate!
- Serve as the subject matter expert in instructional design and development and as a key consultant to the management team re: all aspects of eLearning
- Establish and follow standards of best practices re: instructional design processes and eLearning development including the creation of assessments and surveys and documentation of course evaluation and measurements
- Assure trainings are developed and delivered in a way that accommodates our diverse audience (clients are employees, independent contractors, community service providers and others)
- Assure training objectives are achieved through effective design that includes interactivity and effective use of adult learning techniques
- Promote positive and appropriate interactions among participants in an eLearning environment; our customers; and our team members
- Revise, produce and distribute required class documentation to include job aids, coaching guides, handouts, tests, evaluations and certificates of completion
- Develop necessary documentation to ensure procedural consistency re: LMS/course integration and maintain pristine records related to course feedback and versioning for future revisions
- Generate training and other reports as requested; follow up as needed
- Assist in maintaining the LMS and help ensure proper tracking of course participation
- Provide assistance to other trainers as needed, to include classroom preparation, clean up and logistical supports
- Support the organization’s ability to collect course fees through the LMS
- Make purchases as requested; stay within budgetary guidelines; make recommendations for cost-effective professional development tools and trainings
Here are some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's so great to work here!
- A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Certified Employer for Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Free onsite gym
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training
Must have’s to be our eLearning Specialist!
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Instructional Design, or Technical Communications
- Additional experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- At least 3 years of experience designing and developing interactive eLearning modules
- Demonstrated mastery of instructional design techniques that incorporate adult learning theory
- Understanding and application of ADDIE and/or SAM instructional design models
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to write narrative scripts for multimedia presentations
- High level of proficiency with layout and design for both print and electronic delivery
- Experience administering a LMS
- Valid Colorado driver license/proof of auto insurance
- Meet our driving requirements: no suspensions/revocations in the past 3 years and no more than 2 tickets/moving violations in the past 3 years
Required software experience:
- Adobe Captivate - expert skill level with 3+ years of recent experience; able to design, develop and maintain quality interactive HTML5 eLearning courses containing advanced actions, custom user interface (UI), narration and closed captions
- Adobe Photoshop - intermediate skill level with 2+ years of experience
- Adobe InDesign - intermediate skill level with 2+ years of experience
- Adobe Audition or Audacity - intermediate skill level with 2+ years of experience
- Adobe Premiere Pro or TechSmith Camtasia - working knowledge with 1+ years of experience
- Master’s degree
- Working knowledge of SCORM; xAPI/Tin Can experience
- Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Animate experience
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!