Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Body Care Manager
at Natural Grocers
- Job ID
- 2033 S Colorado Blvd
The Body Care Manager is responsible for the successful operation and profitability of the body care department as well as training, directing and monitoring all department staff. Department Managers are responsible for the success of their own department and are required to fulfill the duties of the Manager on Duty (MOD) on a scheduled basis.
Key Responsibilities include the following essential functions, but are not limited to:
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one priority.
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and adhering to all policies.
- Creating an inviting, full and shopable department.
- Ordering for the body care department and maintaining accurate inventory levels.
- Managing margin and overall department profitability including minimizing shrink and maximizing effective purchasing.
- Ensuring all in-stock products/conditions meet company standards.
- Offering and following up on special orders.
- Merchandising shelves, endcaps and dynamic displays.
- Managing and participating in tagging, facing, rotating, cleaning, markdowns, stocking, and backstock.
- Training and monitoring department personnel including assigning and following up on tasks.
- Working with other department managers to cross-train staff to accomplish all needed tasks.
- Conducting active and passive demos.
- Assisting in interviewing and hiring for department needs.
- Working with the store manager to address performance and/or disciplinary issues within the department.
- Opening and closing of store, including DSR and the closing cash process.
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering, managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled breaks.
- Maintaining the safety and security of customers and employees.
- Answering customer questions per company standards and policies, including the use of Structure/Function statements and/or statements of nutritional support.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Using SAP and inventory management software, running and analyzing reports on BEx, emailing and utilizing other IS programs as needed.
- Working a schedule based on store needs which includes evenings, weekends, holidays. Position requires working five days, 40 hours per week and attending mandatory store meetings.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Education, Skills & Experience
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in retail experience in a grocery or retail environment preferred; natural foods background is a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience supervising others preferred.
- Ability to pass food safety training courses and/or certifications as required by law and maintain compliance by keeping certifications up to date and registered if applicable.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and to stay focused with the task at hand.
- Sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained and able to count currency.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks as assigned by the Store Manager and/or other corporate managers that may not be listed in this job description.