National MS Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at National MS Society
Potential Work LocationsDenver, Colorado
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.This position leads a highly technical staff who are responsible for building, maintaining and continuously improving enterprise applications. The position ensures high level knowledge of the Society business processes and how the technology team can meet the challenges of business partners. The role requires excellent technical and business assessment skills to evaluate strategic value of solution alternatives to support the Society's long-term vision and strategy.
This individual must lead highly technical staff, manage and direct multiple high-impact projects, possess strong strategy assessment ability, communication skills that foster a collaborative cross functional environment, strong business acumen, and a technical aptitude to meet emerging business needs. This position will also be responsible for selecting and managing external resources (contractors), when needed.
The position fulfils a pivotal role to the Society by ensuring IT and technical vendors' understanding of business requirements are sound, as well as acting as a liaison between business and technology staff to establish key priorities and consistent project deliverables.
This individual is responsible for developing strong relationships by creating a cross-functional, collaborative environment with Society staff, leveraging those relationships to meet the goals of the Operational Plan. This individual is responsible for timely communication and issue escalation ensuring appropriate and accurate visibility to all levels of stakeholders including Senior Leadership Team.
Essential Functions/Responsibility1. Leadership and Relationship Management: Provide strong leadership by encouraging, mentoring and coaching team members to be collaborative, supportive and passionate about the work that supports the Society's Operational Plan. Create a collaborative environment by building deep relationships with department, SLT, SLMT and ELT members. These relationships serve the basis for development of technology initiatives that meet the organization's highest needs. Manage and direct the work of the assigned personnel, which includes performance planning, professional development, work allocation alignment with the Operational Plan, training, change management, and problem resolution
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent (Managing Relationships, Being Open and Receptive)
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions. (Communication)
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish our work. (Getting Work Done through Others, Getting Organized, Managing Work Processes, and Overcoming Obstacles)
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning. We recognize the contributions of all volunteers. (Communication, Inspiring Others, People Management, Learning, Being Open and Receptive)
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Technology, Business Administration, Finance, and/or Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in a leading large enterprise application implementation
- 6+ years of experience managing staff, including staff development and mentoring
- 6+ years determining and documenting application architectures
- 6+ years of experience working with technology vendors including soliciting RFPs, performance management, and measurements
- Strong analytical skills for reviewing procedures and processes to develop logical and sustainable solutions to complex technology problems
- Strong background in process development and process improvement
- Proven ability to apply quantitative concepts and techniques to develop and analyze data and reports
- Proven ability to take complex technology solutions and to communicate these ideas to business partners in a simple manner
- Detecting, isolating and resolving system and application problems using logical and methodical processes
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with inter-departmental staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, and community groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Familiarity with product lifecycle concepts, practices, and procedures
- Strong knowledge developing architectural diagrams in Visio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel and Power Point
- Experience using JIRA, Service Now , Microsoft Project, or other issue and project tracking software
- Experience using Microsoft SharePoint and Teams
- Experience with architectural frameworks (i.e., Cloud Computing, Report/Analytics)
- Familiarity with ITIL concepts, practices, and procedures
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- (IF APPLICABLE) Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.