National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Respiratory Care Practitioner
at National Jewish Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11745
Allied Health Care
Full Time (40 hours per week), Day Shift and Evening Shift, 10 - 6:30 p.m.
Req # 11745
Responsible and accountable for performing quality respiratory care procedures in accordance with the standards set forth by the Thoracic Society (ATS), the American Association of Respiratory Therapy (AARC) and College of American Pathologists (CAP). Ensures the optimal application of respiratory care therapeutic modalities on all clinical units and ambulatory care settings and to help provide education to patients with a wide variety of respiratory disorders. This position works within interdisciplinary teams to provide safe and personalized care for the patient to include discharge planning as needed.
1. Performs high quality respiratory care services to assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease in accordance with ATS, AARC and CAP standards.
2. Provides appropriate and safe direct patient care and education, while meeting current standards of care for the practice, patient education, awareness of disease process, compliance with medical treatment and improvement of the health and quality of life of the patient.
3. Prepares and completes all required documentation in a thorough and accurate manner.
4. Participates in quality improvements processes on an on-going basis.
5. Participates in discharge planning for patients with complex respiratory needs. Consults with members of the multidisciplinary patient care team to initiate, monitor and modify effective respiratory care modalities to produce desired treatment outcomes.
6. Responds to Rapid Response and code blue emergencies within the facility.
7. Maintains respiratory equipment and supplies and coordinates disinfection of equipment. Works with outside vendors as needed to handle equipment needs.
8. Performs all assigned Pulmonary Physiology Diagnostic procedures in accordance with ATS and departmental guidelines.
9. Performs work safely in accordance with department safety procedures. Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
4. Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
5. Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
6. Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy required. BS in Respiratory Therapy or related field preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years in respiratory therapy required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Registered or certified Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care required. Current license with the State of Colorado required. CPR/BLS required. ACLS certification is required (within one year of employment) PALS certification preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!