National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapy Aide - Rehab Services
at National Jewish Health
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Rehab Services
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Req # 13307
Under the supervision of a Physical, Occupational, or Speech-Language Pathology Therapist in Rehabilitation Services, performs delegated, selected, or routine tasks to support the delivery of quality patient care.
- Implements therapy modalities and activities appropriately, reflecting an understanding of the physical, emotional, and age related needs of the patient. May be assigned to assist in the safe treatment both land-based and aquatic therapy pool programs of patients across a wide age spectrum based on demonstrated competence in the defined area.
- Provides technical modalities and functional activities to patients as defined by the therapist. Prepares patients and treatment areas for therapy sessions and assists during the administration of treatments.
- Interacts and observes patients to assure safety, motivation, and assistance with both land-based and/or in the shallow/deep ends of the therapy pool exercises and functional activities under the direction of the professional staff.
- Provides communication to professional staff that contributes to the care planning, modification of treatment modalities, and coordination of the treatment programs to promote efficiency and quality patient care within scope of practice for the disciplines and their training.
- Participates in team discussions, patient care meetings and one-on-one discussions to communicate pertinent information back to the supervising therapist.
- Performs as back-up to staff absences and vacancies as needed.
- Performs 6MWT as assigned.
- Teaches classes as assigned.
- Assists with administrative duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Care Management: Having the knowledge and skills to secure relevant patient care data and identify key issues and relationships in the management of patient care; understanding the relationships among assessments, interventions, and patient responses; skilled in documentation of assessments and adjusting physical and cognitive prescriptions as needed.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Professional Development or Continuous Learning and Development: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill to enhance their contribution to the organization.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of recent related experience, preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: CPR/BLS required. Completion of National Jewish Rehabilitation Services orientation after hire, and/or completion of a Physical Therapy Aide training program or comparable training program required.