National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bioinformatics Analyst I
at National Jewish Health
Job Status: Contract/Temporary,On Call
Job Reference #: 12974
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Genetics
Pool/Per Diem (no benefits)
Work Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
Req # 12974
Works with other bioinformatics analysts to provide bioinformatics support to scientists throughout the institution.
1. Collaborates with and supports scientists in the area of bioinformatics analysis.
2. Assists with the design and development of major bioinformatics-related programming projects.
3. Writes custom scripts to access databases and analyze data.
4. Writes custom web tools for scientists.
5. Uses gene/protein functional annotation tools and programs.
6. Uses version control and other reproducible research practices.
7. Writes sections for reports and other dissemination of research methods and findings.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
4. Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
5. Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
6. Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) required in bioinformatics, biostatistics or computer science OR related field. Masters or PhD in computational field preferred.
A minimum of 1 year of applied experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Must be proficient in at least 1 programming language (e.g. python, C++ , JAVA, Etc.) and have a background in utility programming (Bash, AWK, Perl, BioPerl, R, Matlab and other languages) in a Linux environment.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!