Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RETAIL A+ COMPUTER TECH
at Micro Center
MICRO CENTER is the nation’s leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology super store has an industry-leading 40,000 selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. Micro Center has been ranked by one of the leading consumer advocacy magazines as a top walk-in store to purchase a PC based on merchandise selection, service and pricing. Work with us and help us on our mission to be the best computer and electronic device store in the world!
We are seeking self-motivated, friendly and knowledgeable Retail A and APPLE Computer Technicians to diagnose and repair a variety of computer and electronic equipment and communicate with Service Department customers in our high-volume big box retail store.
- Identify, diagnose and document hardware failure or software problems on a variety of computer or computer-related equipment
- Recommend components/configurations and assemble customized computer systems
- Provide timely, complete and accurate information directly to customers via face-to-face, telephone or email communication for estimate approval and customer unit repair
- Consistently achieve productivity, customer satisfaction and sales attachment goals of the service repair shop
- Complete assigned work orders (diagnostics, upgrades or builds) within established timeframes
- Complete all service system transactions accurately
- Understand and utilize technical manuals and support resources
- Keep up-to-date on retail products and current technologies and maintain appropriate technical certifications (CompTIA A required of all techs, Apple Certification a plus) to enable proper service of products as required by ASP partners
- Maintain the department by ensuring a clean work area, tracking inventory, stocking and replenishing product and participating in merchandising activities
- Support store operations by maintaining loss prevention awareness, assisting with Service Department activities and helping to prepare for physical inventory
- Participate in open and close procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent and knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- CompTIA A certification or the ability to be certified within 90 days of hire
- One year computer service repair or technical customer service experience, preferably in a production-oriented service environment
- Ability to communicate professionally in person, via telephone and in writing and provide regular updates on customer work orders
- Ability to handle multiple customer issues and tasks simultaneously
- Physical requirements: able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time
- Shifts will include hours before and after the store is open to the public and may include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Apple Certification, other technical certifications and additional years of experience a plus
OUR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
At Micro Center, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to advance their careers. Join our team and see how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
BENEFITS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Micro Center offers a balance between personal and professional interests, competitive pay, an employee discount on merchandise, flexible retail schedules and tuition reimbursement. In addition, a high-quality, competitive cafeteria benefits program is available on the first of the month following 60 days of active service to all full-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week. Whether you’re employed full-time or part-time, Micro Center has many options available to support your professional, health and wellness goals!
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.