Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Risk Manager - Central USA
at Menzies Aviation plc
- Manage Menzies Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) systems approved by Senior Management.
- Ensure proper communication of these company systems and standards to assigned locations.
- Ensure implementation of HSE programs by all Menzies operations in compliance with local, State, and Federal rules and regulations.
- Liaise with regulatory agencies and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, HSE programs, and internal policies.
- Assist bases in performing Risk Assessments and development of local safety policies and procedures.
- Monitor and report KPIs measuring Safety/Security/Environmental performance.
- Conduct on-site HSE inspections and audits of base operations, facilities, equipment, materials and training to further develop, recommend, and/or implement policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports and communicate unsafe findings to the appropriate company personnel addressing root-causes and determining corrective action.
- Ensure approved corrective actions are communicated to base employees to ensure safe operation practices.
- Lead investigation of accidents, injuries, and near misses and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Oversee the compilation and submission of base injury/accident reports required by internal departments as well as regulatory agencies.
- Participate in internal and/or external multi-media audits and inspections
- Support Quality Systems as required or deemed appropriate by Senior Management to include all lines of business (LOBs).
- Coordinate required employee training with base management to ensure compliance with State and Federal Regulations in addition to Menzies training and recordkeeping requirements.
- Communicate and provide location management guidance and advice on audit and inspection responses to both internal and external personnel and follow-up on all corrections to ensure appropriate action has been taken.
- Assist Corporate Risk, GSE, and Procurement Departments in reviewing equipment and material purchasing plans for compliance with applicable HSE rules, regulations, and practices; and determine necessary changes to facilitate a safe work environment.
- Conduct needs-analysis by conferring with Managers and Supervisors to determine training needs
- Coordinate administration of the Worker’s Compensation Program within assigned locations, to include working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee injury and lost time.
- Provide Corporate Risk Department, Regional Vice Presidents, and General Managers with verbal and written reports describing obstacles, achievements, and recommended actions within the Risk environment.
- Other duties as reasonably requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
Education and experience consisting of a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university, or five – seven years relevant experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and training, particularly related to Industrial Health and Safety.
- Travel a minimum of 50% of the time (including internationally), the majority of which is unplanned and unexpected.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Manage multiple tasks and work independently.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must possess and maintain a valid passport and Driver’s License
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Effectively communicate verbally at all levels with each base and senior management
- Effectively manage remote teams and collaborate virtually
- Report to work consistently and meet company attendance standards
The following certifications/qualifications must also be obtained (at Company expense): First Aid and CPR Certification (within 45-days), General Industry OSHA 30-hr (within 90 days), HAZWOPER 24hr or above (within 90 days), DOT HazMat Shipper (within 90-days), and General Industry CSHO or similar approved certification (within 2-years).
Carry out all activities of the role and processing activities (as above) as directed by the Company through its policies, procedures and training to ensure the success of the operation including the following:
- Full compliance:
- Health & Safety
- Equal Opportunities
- Data Protection
- Remain up to date with all station notices relating to policies and procedures
- Remain up to date with all relevant operational, systems and Customer Service training
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment at all times
- Comply with the Company’s open, Fair and Just reporting culture
- Respectful, supportive and friendly approach
- Clear and honest communication
- Passionate and driven
- Flexible and understanding of changing priorities and situations
- Punctual and reliable
- Confident and focused