Menzies Aviation plc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Ramp Agent
at Menzies Aviation plc
Lead Ramp Agent
Leading the unloading and loading of luggage, freight and cargo on and off commercial aircraft. Driving and operating small specialized commercial vehicles. Position requires: heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, and stretching.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Continuously lift/move cargo and baggage from outbound bagroom, on and off aircraft, and transport between aircraft, airport terminals and air cargo facilities.
• Frequent bending, stretching push/pulling, stacking and kneeling in small confined locations.
• Lead and participate in the movement of cargo and baggage on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, outbound bagroom, airport terminals, air cargo facilities, and other aircraft.
• Operate motorized equipment.
• Read, interpret and complete aircraft weight and balance load sheets, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
• Responsible for safe receipt and dispatch of assigned flights, which includes load integrity and safety compliance.
• Ensure the safe and secure operations in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
• Performs other duties that may be assigned.
• Must be at least 18 years of age. • Must pass drug test. • Must be able to speak, read and write in English proficiently • Valid driver’s license. • Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays. • Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions. • Prior Supervisor skills a plus, previous Ramp/Airline experience required. • Must successfully complete and pass Lead Academy • Able to comfortably and continuously lift/move 70 lbs.