The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the Facilities Manager in ensuring all MHCD Office and Residential housing facilities are properly maintained, serviced, and repaired, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, landscaping, etc. Maintains and repairs a variety of complex machines. May assist in installation of new equipment. Performs required mechanical and electrical maintenance functions; does preventative maintenance as scheduled. Uses wide variety of tools; maintains records of work performed, parts used, and time spent. Works with little supervision. This is a journey level position.
SALARY RANGE: $18.84/hr. - $22.63/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Monitor maintenance work performed by contractors and other vendors at MHCD facilities; advise Director of work being performed and of unusual conditions or problems related to work performed by others.
• Respond to emergencies by contacting appropriate service contractor and supervisor. Take required corrective measures to prevent hazard conditions to persons or property.
• Perform walk-through inspections of all sites to locate damage and required repairs. Check buildings and grounds for wear, damage, required service, and fire or safety hazards.
• Maintain landscaping, including lawns, shrubs, trees, flowers, and other landscaping materials. Schedule all snow removal as required by sites.
• Perform minor plumbing repairs such as replacing washers, clearing small drain blockages, caulking fixtures, and repairing toilet flush valves.
• Perform minor electrical repairs such as changing ballast’s and replacing broken receptacles, switches, and lamp holders.
• Perform minor repairs to walls, floors, ceilings, doors, windows, window coverings, etc. Change light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, diffuses, lenses, etc.; change or clean filters in air handling units and terminal units. Monitor and log performance.
• Perform basic preventive maintenance tasks including cleaning, lubricating, inspecting, and adjusting heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment on a scheduled basis. Keep required logs of service tasks and dates.
• Perform minor repairs on MHCD vehicles.
• Rotating on-call coverage using company vehicle. (paid time if response necessary)
• Perform other duties as assigned.