The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Juvenile Justice Truancy Specialist-License preferred
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide a blend of therapeutic and case management support with youth and families that are involved in the Denver/Colorado Truancy Court. Services will consist of individual and family therapy including a range of interventions related to these systems. Case management services will include but is not limited to attending school meetings, court appointments, resource development/connection and participation in monthly ARCH Truancy meetings. Collaboration with community resources and partners will be an integral part of this position. Responsibilities also include collaboration with community partners, completing assessments, treatment plans and related documentation.
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST II: $21.52/hr. - $25.81/hr.
LCSW: $26.88/hr. - $32.25/hr.
LPC/LMFT: $25.38/hr. - $30.47/hr.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide family/individual therapy and crisis management in the home, community and office settings.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners in support of the family’s case management needs. Provide advocacy when needed.
- Research, create and maintain community connections, with an emphasis on the educational and legal domains, to minimize out of home placement and hospitalization.
- Develop short-term treatment plans, continually monitor treatment progress, and coordinate transitions to other services as needed.
- Stabilize acute conditions, family supports and environments to allow the child to benefit from and engage in other services.
- Take responsibilities for crisis with own clients and seek supports as needed .
- With supervision, learn and implement “best practices” among family/individual treatment models.
- Work with psychiatrists, nurses and other professionals to help coordinate medication/medical needs of clients with medical resources.
- Develop community resources that support the client and family’s needs in the educational/legal domains that foster sustainable support and growth.
- Transport consumers as needed
- Maintain accurate and timely clinical records consistent with MHCD standards.
- Participate in team/MHCD meetings, in-service as well as relevant community meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.