The Mental Health Center of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Navigator - MHT I/II
at The Mental Health Center of Denver
Behavioral health navigator (BHN) provides planned linkages, advocacy, brief case-management/ system navigation and referral coordination to persons living with mental illness who are incarcerated and being released back to the community from the DDC. BHN will complete evaluation and assessment during incarceration and ensure a warm hand off to the new treatment team upon release. BHN will also provide cross agency and system coordination. If the consumer is currently incarcerated, BHN will coordinate through the appropriate channels including legal representatives. BHN will also coordinate with the appropriate Probate Court stakeholders, Office of Behavioral Health and related treatment providers as necessary to improve continuity of care which may or may not include continuation or re-instatement of long-term certifications thru Probate Court.
MHT I (Bachelor's): $18.90/hr. - $22.70/hr.
MHT II (Master's): $21.13/hr. - $25.37/hr.
Additional Job duties:
- BHN will provide support and resources to at risk/High utilization individuals (specifically dealing with trauma, opiate addiction, homelessness and severe and persistent mental illness) on site at various community locations as needed.
- BHN will collaborate with jail psych team as necessary to connect frequent utilizers of the criminal justice system to mental health treatment.
- BHN will identify obstacles to treatment and will work with stakeholders to develop creative solutions.
- BHN will provide brief case management to the people we serve in the Denver Downtown Detention Center in order to develop a comprehensive re-entry plan.
- BHN will collaborate with community partners to develop strong working relationships and connections.