Medtronic Minimed Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Financial Analyst
at Medtronic Minimed Inc.
This positionhas FP&A responsibility for Sales Expense reporting and analysis for RTG USSales Organization-Brain Therapies. Provide Business Unit leaders with SalesExpense monthly forecasts, sales performance metrics, key drivers, and varianceanalysis. Develop and coordinate theannual operating plan (AOP) with spending options and compensation models. Deliver monthly expense reporting andanalytical support for Senior Sales Leadership and regional field salesmanagers. Perform certain monthly accountingand related processes for sales related expenses in conjunction with Controllerteam. Work with key stakeholders forcontinuous improvement for forecasting, expense management, systems andprocesses.
• PerformFP&A duties for direct and indirect distribution spending, includingcompensation and discretionary spending for 700 sale employees and 200 costcenters.
• Delivermonthly expense analysis and forecasting, including key drivers and risk andopportunities for Sr Sales Leadership, Business Unit partners and RTGleadership.
• ProvideField Sales Cost Center Reporting including rollout of AOP budgets for fieldsales and monthly performance vs. budget.
• Develop theannual operating plan (AOP) for Sales Expense, including spending options tosupport strategic initiatives. Collaborate in design of potential compensationmodels in conjunction with sales leadership and HR. Partner with functional areas to maintaincontrol of budgeted spend such as marketing, meetings, travel, training, awardsor Presidents trip.
• Maintain andreport key cost performance metrics, attainment measures, fixed and variableexpense analysis against sales.
• MaintainField Expense policies, assess cost containment and standardizationopportunities, implement and communicate as appropriate.
• Collaboratewith Functions in highly matrixed org, such as HR, Payroll, CorporateAccounting, Marketing and IT.
• Prepare andtrack monthly expense accruals and reconciliations in coordination withCorporate Accounting, Payroll and Controller functions.
• Proactivelyidentify expense related issues and provide resolutions. Become a trustedresource to functional stakeholders.
• Leverageinsights to make continuous improvement recommendations and implement approvedactions
• All otherduties as assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• BS / BA in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• 7 years of finance and accounting experience with bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; or, 5 years of finance and accounting experience with a Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
Nice to Have:
• MBA or CPA preferred.
• Experience in a fast paced high-technology environment, preferably in the medical device industry.
• Proven experience with financial planning and reporting functions and developing financial analytics that deliver solid business performance.
• Functional knowledge of compensation and sales incentive design.
• Experience with projects that require high matrix collaboration, building relationships and influence.
• Systems experience with SAP, Hyperion Enterprise, Workday, Business Objects, and modeling software.
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees