McMillen Jacobs Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Construction Project Manager - Heavy Civil (Water Resources)
at McMillen Jacobs Associates
- 01-May-2020 to 31-Aug-2020 (MST)
- Denver, CO, USA
- Full Time
The Senior Project Manager is in the construction division and reports to the Construction Operations Manager and Director of Construction, VP. This person is responsible to plan, direct, coordinate, and budget, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of construction projects and oversee project specific organization, scheduling, and implementation. Overall coordination and efficient implementation of a wide range of projects including hard bid, CM, and Design-Build. This position is based out of Boise, Idaho.
- The Project Manager will be tasked with managing mid to large scale projects with moderate to high risk levels.
- Minimal oversight from Construction Operations Manager and Director of Construction, VP as necessary during all phases of the project.
- Overall management of multiple construction projects in varying stages of completion.
- Coordinate with Construction Operations Manager to assure assigned project performance is in line with project performance goals.
- Implement Corporate Safety Policy on all projects assigned.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to PM I, Assistant Project Managers and Project Assistants.
- Generate Work Plans for all assigned projects.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Determine labor requirements and work with manpower coordinator to dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses or coordinate with environmental and regulatory staff to assure proper compliance is completed prior to project mobilization.
- Fill in for Project Superintendents as necessary direct and supervise workers.
- Study job specifications to determine general requirements as well as appropriate construction methods.
- Requisition of supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
- Provide Project Management duties on multi-faceted projects including leading medium to large-scale Design-Build projects.
- Review of owner contracts
- Review of project estimates at the different design phases (30%, 60%, etc.)
- Provide constructability review and coordinate with design engineers to incorporate constructability into final design
- Create/Prepare outgoing correspondence to the clients, subcontractors, and other outside entities, ensuring accuracy, quality and professionalism of work.
- Review, edit and ensure that all documents submitted to clients are in McMillen Jacobs Associates format.
- Assist in preparation of Owner Payment Applications.
- Provide Project Closeout Documents as required to facilitate substantial completion which marks the start of warranty periods.
- Track projects throughout the warranty period and provide proper Final closeout documentation upon completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, CM or related field or Minimum of 5 years comparable experience.
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of experience with heavy civil design-build projects managing all aspects from design, approvals, procurement, construction, and implementation.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.