Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cyber Incident Detection and Response Engineer
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides detection, identification, and reporting of possible cyber-attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities
- Characterizes and performs analysis of network traffic and system data to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to resources.
- Performs security event and incident correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise
- Performs cyber incident triage to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact; identify the specific vulnerability and make recommendations which enable expeditious remediation.
- Tracks and documents cyber incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Analyzes and assesses damage to the data / infrastructure as a result of cyber incidents
- Performs cyber incident trend analysis and reporting.
- Minimum Education: B.S. or equivalent experience in related field·
- Minimum/General Experience: 7-9 years of related experience
- CSSP-IR (GCIH, CSIH, or CEH) certification required
- IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security) certification required
- Must possess an active TS/SCI w/ a polygraph
Demonstrated technical experience:
- Proficient in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience working in a Cybersecurity Operations Center environment desired
- Experience with COTS technologies used in a Cybersecurity Operations Center environment desired
- Working knowledge of current COTS Cybersecurity technologies.
- Working knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Understanding of latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of senior management is necessary.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
Must possess an active TS/SCI w/ a polygraph
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
Why ManTech? This is why!
The ManTech family comprises a diverse yet united group of nearly 8,000 talented professionals around the globe, each bringing distinct backgrounds and skill sets to the team. Nearly half of us are veterans and we are all dedicated to securing the future of our nation.
Our diversity makes us successful. Each team member is a unique piece of the puzzle, coming together to solidify our seamless foundation. As One ManTech, we learn together, we win together, and we celebrate together.
Rich educational opportunities and programs help employees break through career barriers. ManTech offers tuition assistance, partnerships with universities and institutions, a Technical Recognition Awards program, professional groups that comprise our Communities of Practice and so much more. Our own acclaimed ManTech University offers instruction and resources needed for professional development.