Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. BI Business Analyst
Job TitleSr. BI Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst for Data Insights & Analytics (DI&A) derives value from LogistiCare | Circulation's data warehouse by articulating business and process questions, and then answering those questions with data in an actionable way. The ideal candidate will work with the Director of Financial Insights to contribute analysis and work with stakeholders within the Data Management, Product, Transportation, Operations, and Finance teams. This will also heavily revolve around contributing work and analysis in support of efforts to build a robust business intelligence asset. This candidate will have had experience with articulating, clarifying, and improving business processes and logic in order to ensure data integrity and operational efficiency.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Respond to analysis questions from Data Management & DI&A IT leadership
- Interface with local market staff across the United States to drive operating efficiencies through data driven insights on an ongoing basis;
- Become experts and trusted resources for their customers;
- Provide cross checking for other analysts; and
- Respond to and fill requests for data, insights, and analytics throughout the company.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Problem Solving -- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations
- Bachelors' degree required in related discipline
The successful candidate must have 3+ years of experience:
- With excel
- With writing T-SQL commands
- Working with at least one business intelligence tool
- KPI analysis, management, and prioritization
- Experience working to drive change using data in a data driven organization
- Experience with database architecting and/or analysis
- Experience or interest in working with a data language like R or Python
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Is excited by challenges and undeterred by ambiguity
- Is always striving for process improvement
- Can manage ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities
- Works well with others - you thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entire work time is conducted in an office environment in a controlled atmosphere building.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.