Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Born from performance and inspired by icons, Legends has created a legacy of success, delivery and results with the icons of global sports, entertainment and business. Our passion for delivering remarkable experiences, at every occasion, has enabled us to redefine the role of a service provider and set a new expectation within the industry.
Legends' Mission is to supply our partners a best-in-class turnkey solution for their live entertainment venues through innovation and excellence. We are a different kind of company doing things a different way bringing new ideas and approaches to delight the fan built on a strong partnership with our clients. As a team’s service partner, Legends is responsible for the vast majority of the direct fan interactions - The Moments of Truth – when lifelong memories are created and experiences are defined.
For that reason, we believe in the honor of service, where no request is unreasonable and going the extra mile isn’t the exception, it’s the expectation.
This individual will be responsible for effectively and profitably managing and directing all day-to-day aspects of purchasing for the Food and Beverage operations at Pepsi Center, Dick’s Sporting Goods Park, and Paramount Theater. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To execute, achieve and maintain quality and efficiency standards of the location based purchasing process and expectations through strong leadership and effective management
- Excellent communication and math skills required
- Proficient in computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Understands operational costs, budgets, financial statements and accounting application to Purchasing process
- Executes and applies company directives, policies and best practices relative to the purchasing discipline
- Flexible with work schedules, and adaptive to the demands of the business
- Proactive, motivated and able to work with little or no direct daily supervision
- Contributes to the financial success of the operation through effective cost & inventory controls
- Complies with and maintains all company & local safety / sanitation standards
Directs & maintains location compliance related to:
- Purchasing procedures relating to I.S. systems and best practices
- Executes location product determinations based on marketing driven and/or location driven decision(s)
- Assists with determination of suppliers
- Utilize preferred suppliers as geographically determined
- Monitor location compliance of warehouse local Health Department inspections
- Maintains professional business partnerships and communication with all suppliers and vendors
- Makes informed and cost-effective recommendations on decisions pertaining to “make vs. buy” scenarios
- Provide training / mentoring to location staff and managers as needed of all Purchasing department procedures and policies
- Completes all projects in a timely and professional manner
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Ensures that all purchasing department personnel have the necessary training to be successful in their role
- Promotes a ‘continuing education’ format to all regarding product knowledge and safety issues to ‘build from within as possible
- Purchasing Director will have a direct line of report to the area Regional Manager
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, and 401k plan.
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.