Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Project Manager
at Johnson Controls.
What you will do
Junior Level ProjectManager position that will assist with moderately complex projects thatgenerally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Providessubject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of localproject offices, project scope definition, risk identification, projectmethodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control ofschedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at alltimes. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, projectcycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout theinstallation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope.
How you will do it
- Methodology - Understanding of Project Management Institute's (PMI) methodology and key knowledge areas; Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement Management.
- Communication/Coordination - Responsible for communication and status reporting to project staff, customer and Tyco Integrated Security management. Responsible for work plan, managing project resources, duty assignment, responsibilities, scope of authority and provides technical advice and problem resolution to all aspects of project.
- Fiscal - Responsible for tracking projects expenditures and installation progress through reviews of status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules of plans as required. Maintains full financial accountability to project; requires ability to forecast financial trends across project, ability to understand internal Tyco Integrated Security and external client cost structures and integrate, or translate to/from Tyco Integrated Security accounting methodology using AIA standards.
- Quality - Maintain full accountability to project quality; conducting inspections of worksite, ensuring workmanship meets Tyco Integrated Security installation required quality standards and expectations.
- Customer Service - Provide responsive, concise, and professional support to all customers and other personnel and ensures timely follow-up on all customer concerns and issues.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates Degree or equivalent work experience of at least five years
- Expectation that PMI/PMP (Project Management Institute, Project Management Professional) certification will be obtained certification within 2 years of employment in the position.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Local Travel; 60% or as needed
JohnsonControls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer andall qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteranstatus, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any othercharacteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with adisability and you require an accommodation during the application process,please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.