Christian Living Communities
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeper Full Time with Benefits
at Christian Living Communities
This Full Time position located at our Clermont Park Community in South Denver offers you a working atmosphere aligned with the teachings of the Eden Alternative Principles. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual that is looking to progress into our career ladder in Environmental Services.
This position is generally 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Full Time with rotating days off. (40 hours per week). Although this is the current schedule we are looking to fill, please understand that no schedule is guaranteed and may change according to the needs and demands of the Community.
Salary Range: Minimum: $11.50/hour - Maximum: $13.23/hour
Below is the Job Description for this position:
This position requires competency in both housekeeping and laundry functions. Although normally assigned to one function, individuals in this job must be competent and willing to perform the duties of the other function as directed. Responsible for the cleanliness and proper sanitation of all resident apartments and common areas of the community. Performs detailed cleaning of residents rooms and prepares empty rooms for move- ins.
Responsible for the laundering of linens, drapes, and resident personal clothing within the assigned area of service.
* Responsible for dusting and polishing furniture to include picture frames, mirrors and other items in the room.
* Washes and disinfects all countertops and sink areas according to specified procedures.
* Mops and disinfects bathrooms and floors; vacuums all carpeted areas.
* Responsible for refilling paper products and soap dispensers; empties trash.
* Vacuums and mops common areas, nursing stations, hallways, med rooms and utility rooms.
* Responsible for cleaning of common areas and public bathrooms on each unit.
* Performs detailed cleaning assignments as directed.
* Ensures washing and drying machines are in use consistently
* Collects, sorts, washes, dries, and folds resident personal clothing, including linens, rags, and mop heads.
* Delivers clean personal items to the appropriate resident.
* Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* 3 -6 months experience in housekeeping and/or laundry procedures, preferably in a medical facility preferred.
* Ability to complete tasks from a checklist operation schedule.
* Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills.
* Moderate to heavy physical activity required by exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 45 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 22 pounds of force constantly.
* Constant standing, walking, and grasping. Frequent stooping and reaching above shoulder heights, occasional sitting, crawling, kneeling, and squatting.
* Frequent exposure to chemicals.
* May have exposure to blood borne pathogens, body excretions and communicable diseases possible.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently