Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Hotline Clinician
at Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Jefferson Center
Provides outreach to disaster survivors via phone interactions. Demonstrates compassion and understanding for individuals dealing with stressful situations. Identifies when higher levels of intervention are needed. Provides de-escalation and problem-solving.
**This is a temporary position, 9 to 11 months**
- Provides telephonic outreach to disaster survivors who are impacted directly or indirectly by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Demonstrates compassion and understanding for individuals dealing with stressful situations.
- Ability to identify serious issues, such as suicidal thoughts and feelings, and provides interventions needed to ensure callers safety.
- Builds a relationship with the Walk-In Center and Mobile Crisis Teams in order to ensure appropriate response to high-risk survivors, and the ability to do a warm hand-off
- Establishes rapport and trust with callers.
- Identifies Resources that can benefit the survivor, and facilitates referrals to these individuals.
- Provides counseling to the callers, and explores their mental and emotional states of mind through active, comforting, positive and problem-solving language.
- Maintains professional boundaries with callers.
- Meets for supervision on a regular basis with the team leader.
- Reports successes, challenges, and barriers to team leader.
- Collaborates with other members of the CCP team.
- Engages in team work and joint problem-solving.
- Completes required CCP documentation within required time frames.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in developing ways to offer support to those affected by COVID-19.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Ability to attend meetings at a variety of locations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work or related field, with 2 or more years’ experience in providing counseling or other supportive outreach. Licensure preferred.
- After hire, must complete FEMA required training.
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain a good driving record while employed at Jefferson Center.
- Meets the requirements of applicable federal, state and organizational background checks.