Jefferson Center for Mental Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Addiction Technician I - **BONUS OPPORTUNITY!!**
at Jefferson Center for Mental Health
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Jefferson Center
Provides milieu management and ensures safety of individuals or groups in a withdrawal and intoxication management program.
**BONUS OPPORTUNITY!! Three phase bonus paid out in 3-$500 increments. $500 on first paycheck, $500 on 6 month anniversary, and $500 at 18 month anniversary.**
Must work a minimum of 20 hours/week to be eligible for bonus. Bonus will be pro-rated if working less than 40 hours.
- Interacts with a client population that is actively intoxicated and/or experiencing symptoms of withdrawal. Provides guidance, safety, stability and direction to these clients.
- Identifies emergency signals and situations and reacts appropriately.
- Performs accurate and timely documentation at all times, including admissions and discharges, inventories and screening of clients’ personal belongings, and charting of all significant interactions with each client.
- Monitors and documents client levels of intoxication, withdrawal status, vital signs, physical condition and behavior, as needed. Must be able to administer blood pressure assessments, utilizing blood pressure cuffs.
- Monitors Breath Alcohol (BA) tests as needed and documents appropriately.
- Monitors the facility to ensure it is maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all outside doors remain secured.
- Practices OSHA safety standards and disposes of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards.
- Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling when needed.
- May assist in transporting admitted clients to hospitals, aftercare or other approved services as directed by the Shift Coordinator. Individual may be exposed to adverse weather conditions during loading and unloading passengers.
- Effectively responds to the client needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, email and other requests.
- Adheres to all Jefferson Center Policies and Procedures.
Other Duties (Productivity Performance Measures, Professional Growth/Development, Relationships/Communication
- Ensures Adverse Incident Reporting (AIR) procedures are followed during shift.
- Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases using a problem solving approach as well as feedback.
- Attends mandatory in-services, staff meetings, clinical supervision, and on-line training as required.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Participates in staff development activities that enhance professional growth.
- Have an understanding of how trauma impacts the lives of the people being served, so that every interaction is consistent with the recovery process and reduces the possibility of retraumatization.
- Participates in the Center’s training/educational programs designed to enhance knowledge about Trauma Informed Care, the impact of trauma and trauma recovery.
- Ensure that delivery practices are guided by the principles of trauma informed care and the principles of addiction treatment.
- Maintains effective interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public. Uses language and behavior to promote dignity and respect.
- Corporate Compliance including documentation on practice in accordance with regulatory requirements and clinical guidelines.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, respect, adaptability, flexibility, and spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
- Must be sensitive to the diverse cultural and situational needs of the clients.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Relevant Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and CAC I required plus six months work experience in behavioral health.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Valid Colorado Driver's License with a driving record that meets agency requirements.
- Registration in the State of Colorado DORA database within 90 days of hire as one of the following approved Addiction Counselor designations: Unlicensed Psychotherapist, Certified Addiction Counselor, or Licensed Addiction Counselor.