Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Planterra is a fully funded Plant-Based Protein start-up in Boulder County –CO. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the world’s largest protein producer and the second largest food company in the world.
Planterra is building its core commercial team and looking for a talented and driven professional to help build the best plant based protein company in the world. The Category Manager will be based at our Corporate Office in Lafayette, CO.
- Develop and commercialize Category Management strategy, guidelines, tools and processes to meet business objectives across the Planterra portfolio, driving toward category leadership/influence with key customers
- Leverage customer, industry, market and competitive information to develop insights, thought leadership and solutions-based sales presentations
- Utilize understanding of market dynamics, consumer, category and shopper trends to deliver fact-based insights to aid in Planterra’s strategic direction, identify opportunities at the retailer level and educate the Sales team
- Collaborate with Sales to drive profitable sales for the category and Planterra
- Collaborate with Insights/Sales/Marketing to proactively recommend changes to data provider relationships (POS, panel, etc.)
- Lead and present optimized assortment and shelving recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of experience. Directly related work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Working knowledge and understanding of syndicated datasets and data mining principles, especially Nielsen AOD and 8451/household panel data
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office), especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong collaborative skills/ability to interact effectively with external customers and internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, R&D, etc.)
- Strong ability to interpret market data into tangible consumer/shopper behavior stories
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple projects in the same time frame
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills