Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Structural BIM Technician (Buildings Design)
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Prepares engineering drawings of plans, elevations, cross sections and details of vertical building design structures from rough sketches and/or from general engineering design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with multi-disciplined Designers, Architects, and Engineers.
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associates degree in related Drafting/Design field required
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in Revit Structure, AutoCAD, and Microstation on multi-discipline building design projects required
- Demonstrated experience in structural detailing, drawing production, and multi-discipline coordination required
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and Microstation required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
- Ability to work within a multi-discipline design team required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.