Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Buildings Design)
at Jacob's Studio
The Buildings & Infrastructure line of business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
At Jacobs our Senior Mechanical Engineers lead a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The senior engineer will be responsible for leading system design: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external), on a variety of program types to include: Federal and DOD programs, airports, data centers, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects. The senior engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
- Lead design and engineering project staff personal
- Lead project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
- Performs construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Processing RFI's, change orders
- Prepare and document energy compliance calculations and forms
- Lead work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Bachelors Degree in Architectural Engineering (BSAE) required
- Minimum 10-15 years' experience leading building systems design requirements required
- PE required
- Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD preferred
- Previous leadership experience in an MEP environment preferred
- Demonstrated experience working within the aviation industry specifically: airports, data centers, and associated HVAC systems projects strongly preferred