Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies. Our Denver office features a close knit energetic architectural studio that is growing.
Our Denver office features a close knit energetic architectural studio that is growing. This position will require the ability to multi-task and successfully execute across the wide spectrum of tasks and disciplines. Candidate must think outside the box and bring an innovative and collaborative approach. Candidate will work with team members located in other offices, and respond well to mentoring as appropriate to the level of the position. Working closely with Senior Project Architects, Design Manager and Project Managers, this role will work closely with architectural design and technical leadership as well as engineering discipline project leads to design, develop, document, observe, and administer the construction of complex program driven facilities. Work location is flexible (between downtown and Englewood office).
This position will require the ability to multi-task and successfully execute across the wide spectrum of tasks and disciplines. Candidate must think outside the box and bring an innovative and collaborative approach. Candidate will work with team members located in other offices, and respond well to mentoring as appropriate to the level of the position. Working closely with Senior Project Architects, Design Manager and Project Managers, this role researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
• Plans and programs layout of project(s), coordinates and integrates all other discipline elements into unified design for client review and approval
• Performs work of complex scope
• Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents
• Prepares quantitative data (e.g. material take-offs) to support construction cost estimates
• Monitors architectural project scope development and changes, tracking adjustments to the projected project construction cost
• May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
• Represents organization, with internal and external personnel, on significant matters
• Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans
• May direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project
• Design work to be reviewed and stamped by a Registered Architect
• Periodic travel to construction sites should be anticipated
• 1 years of related experience is required
• BA/BS or Bachelors in Architecture is required
• Demonstrated program experience in the usage of Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, basic rendering and publishing programs, and Microsoft Office suite are required
• Demonstrated path towards licensure required
• Strong organizational, communications (both verbal and written) skills, and leadership abilities is required
• Ability to effectively coordinate with internal architectural and engineering team members is required
• Master's Degree in Architecture is preferred
• Participation in professional organizations is preferred
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you
can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.