Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Data Scientist
at HERE Technologies
- Requisition ID
- Research & Development
What's the role?
We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting-edge technologies crucial for building and maintaining a live HD map for the autonomous world. Our customers include some of the top OEM’s as well as many other autonomous startups. We are also working on leveraging our lengthy history in location services to enter into new markets.
Looking for a creative and highly-motivated Computer Vision Engineer with hands-on experience in leading multiple research and engineering initiatives that can balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, tools, and methodologies. You strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment backed by sound statistical reasoning and robust machine learning models.
Come join our team and be apart of history! HERE has big plans and we are looking for those who can drive the team to new heights!
Who are you?
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building production-scale system/algorithm in one of the following domains:
- Computer Vision
- Deep learning
- Machine learning
- Strong in writing code in Python or C/C++, on a Unix/Linux platform.
- Experience with embedded devices, and building distributed systems
- Building highly scalable, robust, distributed and fault-tolerant systems based on open source technologies and know how to innovate on top of these systems.
- Experience in design and architecture, including familiarity with object-oriented design patterns.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field focus on computer vision research and deep learning.
- Experience investigating, designing, prototyping, and productizing new and innovative computer vision system solutions
- Knowledge of GPU programming (CUDA or OpenCL) on GPU accelerator architectures.
- Experience in building and productizing Machine Learning models.
- Experience working with deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTouch, MxNet, ONNX, and Caffe.
- Classification, object detection, and segmentation
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen quickly.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills
- Experience in HD map industry
- Experience with error tracking tools, e.g. JIRA
- Experience with control version systems, i.e. git
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.