Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TM Client Services Specialist
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Treasury Management Client Services Specialist works directly with high value Treasury Management Customers ensuring a superior experience in all interactions; including proposals, projects, implementing new products and services, performing maintenance and responding to urgent support, file limit or trouble-shooting issues, which can impact a customer’s business. This role also acts as a level 3 escalation point for error resolution, troubleshooting significant issues of high-risk or value. In addition, this position acts as trainer, coach and mentor for less developed team members and acts as a liaison with the Operational and Member Bank partners.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Owns all aspects of the client service and implementation process for both internal and external customers ensuring accuracy, quality and expediency via all contact channels (online, in-person, telephone, chat, skype).
2. Introduces and supports the integration of sophisticated technology operations into customers’ business operations by understanding needs, training on best practices, straightforward communication, and facilitating the change process
3. Maintains and communicates assigned bank(s) commercial banker lending and risk limits to facilitate rapid decisions on behalf of client for file limit increases for ACH applications or RDC/mRDC
4. Coordinates across numerous internal and third-party vendor applications. Administers user rights, privileges, and security authorizations. Consults with internal bank partners on system abilities, constraints and solution points. Creatively solves to work around constraints, troubleshoot technical issues, and gather suggested changes.
5. Ensures client service deliverables are achieved and holds partners accountable by managing issues, escalations, and error resolution. Serves as an escalation point for error resolution.
6. Consults and advises highest value Treasury Management clients to solve business needs for ACH origination, payments research, wire transfer services, fraud and risk management products and services
7. Assists with the identification of internal training needs and training delivery; including developing and maintaining department training programs in partnership with Learning & Development.
8. Responsible for training customers on product usage ensuring best practices are implemented.
9. Provides guidance and mentoring to newer Client Services Specialists and ensures daily workflow is monitored, managed and completed
10. Provides guidance to clients on NACHA, FFIEC and other customer impacted regulations
11. Solves for file format issues with file upload/download for many payment applications that integrate into the clients accounting system.
12. Ensures that billing for complex Treasury Management services is accurately established and correctly captured post implementation.
13. Supports identification of sophisticated product improvements and solutions by documenting and sharing client and user feedback with internal business partners and taking necessary actions to enhances bank services
14. Works with Sales to develop proposals, client presentations, relationship reviews and activity analysis to aid in cross-sell and up-sell efforts. May serve as member of client relationship team.
15. Promotes and cross-sells appropriate products and services needed by customers.
16. Attends regular TMO sales meetings or call prep sessions, as needed, to understand pipeline events and identify special customer on-boarding requirements
17. Provides assigned bank(s) monthly customer risk reviews
18. Maintains diligent awareness of risks - including ACH rules, payments risk, UCC laws and FFIEC guidance as well as user authentication best practices for online banking services.
19. Ensures risk limits and risk reviews are completed in a timely and accurate fashion
20. Administers a quality assurance program across the department
21. Serves as back-up for Level I, II and Regional Operations Manager, as needed
22. Leads/participates in special projects and onsite implementations, as needed
23. Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function
OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATION: Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), Accredited ACH Professional (AAP). or Accredited Payments Risk Professional (APRP), strongly preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required with preference for Bachelor’s degree.
2. 5+ years of professional experience in a related business function or industry, required
3. Prior experience implementing TMO systems and solutions, required
4. Demonstrated technology skills with online banking/payments applications; ability to work with and decipher file formats for ACH/positive pay, BAI, lockbox and experience with QuickBooks integration; ability to work with customer file specifications and system outputs to reconcile business need
5. Demonstrated problem solving ability through interaction with clients and business partners
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Ability to inspire trust, confidence and collaborative relationships
8. Ability to mobilize internal resources to resolve issues
9. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
10. Strong analytical ability with attention paid to detail
11. Proficient in Microsoft suite of products
12. Superior management, organization and prioritizations skills with experience preferred leading projects of larger scope
13. Ability to remain adaptive while managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
14. Intellectual curiosity with the ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, and formulate a set of objectives with a plan of action.
15. Track record of responding calmly, politely and confidently during internal and external customer interactions and in conflict situations.
16. Prior experience formally managing projects of significant scope, budget and durations preferable with an outside client or in a consulting role.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will