Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Retail Product Management Consultant
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Senior Retail Product Consultant drives the strategic and operational management of the Retail Banking product strategy including the deposit product line, loan product line, fees, and services for consumer and business banking. This position adds value throughout the product lifecycle and serves as a key member of the Marketing Department, participating in vendor management, systems conversions, M&A, compliance, and other special projects. The Senior Retail Product Consultant analyzes the performance of existing strategies and suggests enhancements and ideas for new products/services.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. In collaboration with the Director of Digital Strategy creates, develops and implements the overall vision for the Retail and Small Business Banking product strategy.
2. Develops and maintains a 2 to 5-year roadmap for product development, compliance enhancements, and operational improvements.
3. Assesses the competitive landscape, industry trends and market demand as it relates to new products, services, pricing, promotional structures, and fees.
4. Develops and manages strategies to reduce or maintain deposit interest costs relative to achieving deposit growth goals.
5. Develops and executes plans to create greater non-interest income and to increase household penetration.
6. Continually assesses product lines’ abilities to meet market needs and business units’ objectives, and develops or proposes product solutions where gaps exist.
7. Leads annual fee review with all banks and makes appropriate recommendations.
8. Creates and reports on key portfolio metrics as well as ad hoc reporting on portfolio trends.
9. Analyzes product performance, pricing, and functionality as currently defined and provides recommendations and the business case for changes.
10. Develops competitive analyses and pricing models to formulate recommendations and parameters for pricing implementation in various markets.
11. Provides deep operational experience and compliance experience for the company.
12. Directs Marketing/Sales Strategy for new product development including, pricing, campaigns/promotions, internal/external rollout, in-branch marketing, value proposition tracking, and training.
13. Translates business, market, and technical requirements into formal functional design and requirements documentation to support the implementation and marketing of new and enhanced products and services.
14. Defines target segments for services and bundles of products through external research & customer focus groups.
15. Surveys bank employees and bank customers for new products and enhancements to existing products.
16. Builds business cases for implementing fee changes, rate changes, and other revenue drivers to help increase bank income and customer profitability.
17. Develops risk management procedures to ensure Compliance accuracy in a highly regulated environment.
18. Identifies, mitigates and monitors compliance and risk issues using current knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory standards and guidelines.
19. Manages and participates in cross-functional projects that include Marketing, Compliance, Call Center, Operations, product vendors and other identified stakeholder departments to support the product lifecycle process for product launch and maintenance.
20. Build strong partnerships and lead cross-functional teams that include Operations, Risk, Compliance, IT, Marketing and other identified stakeholders to ensure timely delivery and successful execution of the product management lifecycle
21. Presents complex information and fields questions regarding analyses and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences including management and internal and external clients.
22. Assess competitive landscape, industry trends and market demand with a focus on regulatory changes, competition, consumer trends and market research.
23. Maintains relationship with HTLF Retail Sales Managers and other Retail stakeholders for integrating sales practices.
24. Participates on bank-wide conversion projects (e.g. Bank acquisition and or system conversion)
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, business administration, accounting, Information Technology, or equivalent experience; Advanced Degree preferred
2. 10+ years’ experience managing projects. Project management in banking and/or leading new product development, preferred.
3. 10+ years’ experience using database software such as SQL
4. Deep understanding of various research methods and interpretation of data
5. Ability to understand and analyze financial statements.
6. Demonstrated sales and business judgment
7. Demonstrated leadership, openness to coaching and feedback, and drive to challenge oneself
8. Demonstrated data driven management mindset
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
10. Skilled in building strong working relationships across diverse groups of internal partners.
11. Ability to lead a team and work as part of a team or individually on projects with very little supervision, across many departments with varying priorities.
12. Demonstrated written communication skills including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, business cases and procedure manuals
13. Demonstrated oral communication skills, including experience presenting information and responding to questions
14. Familiar with regulations including, but not limited to: Regulation DD, Regulation Z, CARD Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Regulation B.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will