Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN Multi-Modality Tech
at Health Images
Great Opportunity for a PRN Multi-Modality Technologist at our Longmont location.
Job Summary/Overview: Performs modality appropriate procedures according to protocol and age specific needs, including patient preparation. Maintains and monitors patient environment, adheres to safety procedures and contributes to the security and maintenance of the unit.
• Patient interface to ascertain history and communicate exam details
• Review patient charts for missed clinical information and/or consent
• Applies radiation AS Low AS Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) principles to imaging procedures as appropriate.
• Screen patients for surgical and other implants and maintain basic knowledge of compatibility of implants in the MRI environment
• Perform MRI/CT/X-Ray scans while putting patients at ease
• Obtain prior X-Ray films if necessary prior to exam
• Perform high quality CT scans while using lowest radiation dose possible
• Transfer of images to other locations as needed
• Screen patients for contraindications and contrast allergies
• Perform contrast injections using aseptic technique
• Coordinate scan protocols with radiologist
• Interact with Lead Technologist/supervisor on problem issues
• Maintain equipment in good working order
• Perform all quality procedures as required
• Adhere to Envision’ s Compliance and Quality & Safety Programs
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties may be assigned as needed by supervision.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to educate patients on procedures
• Basic computer literacy
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
o Two years prior experience in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Education / Certifications:
o Graduate of an accredited Registered Technologist program
o Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification
o Registry in the following modalities:
? Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR)
? Computed Tomography (CT)
? XRAY (R)
o Current license from state medical board if applicable
o Current CPR certification
Health Images is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.