Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Funder III
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
Prepare and submit loan closing packages and supporting documents for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and preferably Bond and Jumbo loans. Ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance of submissions in accordance with investor guidelines and applicable regulations, insurer and/or guarantor requirements. Verify new construction documentation and exhibits; verify documentation required to perfect title, and ensure Powers of Attorney documents are compliant. “Go to” subject matter expert/lead when Supervisor or Manager is not available.
- Draw closing documents, issue closing funds and review closed loan packages to ensure completeness of loan documentation for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond and Jumbo loans.
- Review preliminary title reports to identify excluded items and necessary endorsements.
- Communicate loan program requirements to Processors and/or Loan Officers necessary at closing, and provide status updates.
- Verify loan closing package complies with insurer and/or guarantor requirements and documentation.
- Ensure all outstanding conditions to ensure timely funding and closing of the loan.
- Obtain Closing Protection Letters and wiring instructions.
- Review and verify the accuracy of the final closing statements prior to closing to ensure compliance with Company, Investor, and Conventional regulations and requirements. Reconcile final figures to calculate wire amount and balance with settlement agent.
- Submit Banking Package to Finance in accordance with required timelines.
- Scan and archive file within Company timeframes, to ensure timely delivery of loan files to investors.
- Obtain recording information and ensure the information is entered into the system.
- Promptly obtain documentation requested by investors or insuring/guaranty post-closing.
- Solve problems quickly, communicate effectively with internal and external customers, provide excellent customer service and work well under pressure.
- Verify and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal, state laws, regulatory and government standards, guidelines, rules, and/or local ordinances.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred.
- Total recent work experience includes five or more years’ experience closing and funding Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and preferably Bond, Jumbo, and new construction loans, with at least three years experience closing FHA, VA, USDA, new construction documentation. Prior work experience may also include positions closing loans for an Escrow Company.
- Ability to build strong relationships with Loan Officers, production, processing, underwriting, and other internal and external partners.
- Expert level knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal processes and control, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond, Jumbo, new construction loans.
- Expert level knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Bond, Jumbo, new construction loans, including various product/program guidelines, necessary conditions and investor specific guidelines for closing.
- Thorough knowledge of valid documentation and processes required to fund and close consumer mortgages (e.g., verification of employment, HUD-1, CD, settlement statement etc.).
- Sound judgment, ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF/Document Retention programs.
- Depending on experience, supervision is intermittent to infrequent
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to less experienced Funders; able to resolve/escalated issues of higher complexity
- Exercise sound judgment in executing core job responsibilities
- Average monthly pipeline ranges from 40 - 50 loans.
- Travel: 0%
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.