Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate General Counsel
Join the Graebel team to build or expand your new career. We provide talent mobility and relocation solutions to Global 1000 firms and their employees. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service, and believe that happy and fulfilled employees make it happen. They innovate, take ownership of their work, and as a result, take great care of our internal and external clients. We value truth, love and integrity where you help foster an environment of respect, honor, and caring for those that interact with us. If you are ready to make a career move, please get in touch with us. We are looking for exceptional people who want to make a difference in the world.
Graebel Companies, Inc. is looking for someone to join our team as our Associate General Counsel. The Associate General Counsel serves as first point of legal contact internally and externally, to oversee full resolution, integration, and implementation of legal matters under the direction of Chief Financial officer, and collaborate with external general counsel. This role will need to function as the internal expert in relation to GDPR, OFAC, contract, litigation, corporate secretarial and general matters. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working in international business, experience in corporate legal matters, and have a solid track record of of developing collaborative solutions with internal and external stakeholders .
Central to this role is achievement of the company’s mission and values supporting Truth, Love and Integrity, data integrity, and operational excellence, fostering Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Continuous Improvement. This leader will work effectively across departments in the organization with an emphasis on ensuring compliance and collaboration.
Principal/Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as first point of contact for company-wide legal issues. Evaluate legal issues for internal or external resolution, in collaborate with Graebel’s long standing external legal partners. Resolve basic legal issues/questions and advise business on legal issues independently.
• Independently manage oversight of all outside legal counsel spend, as well as all substantive tracking from initiation to completion. Discuss trends and recommendations with outside counsel to minimize legal spend and maximize return on legal investment.
• Act as primary internal legal contact on all GDPR and evolving privacy issues. Assist contracts with all such privacy/GDPR issues and other contract-related legal issues as needed.
• Act as primary internal legal contact on all OFAC and Risk-related legal issues. Resolve basic OFAC issues as needed. Refer more complicated issues to external counsel and monitor such work as needed. Brief Risk on new and evolving risk-related issues as requested.
• Oversee and manage company-wide legal compliance procedures and contractual matters as needed, act as legal representative in meetings and on committees.
• Responsible for completing corporate duties related to filings for our international subsidiaries/divisions, managing directorship reporting and other contractual requirements in the international business arena
• Performs other related essential duties as assigned or requested.
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work, and a J.D. with Colorado attorney licensure.
Knowledge/Experience: Requires technical knowledge, training and understanding of a job's requirements. Typically possesses 3 years of relevant work experience
Licenses/Certifications/Specialized Training: JD, Colorado attorney licensure, GDPR training (or willingness to obtain).
- Experience in an in-house capacity for a global company preferred.
- Superior academic and professional credentials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to boil down complex issues, synthesize them and recommend logical
- decisions or to escalate decisions to supervisors, as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability and willingness to handle a variety of tasks in an array of substantive areas and to learn new areas of law quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Graebel Companies, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet